Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I edit my website...?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

phpBB is both PHP and HTML. Im not familar with its organisation strcuture so I really couldnt tell you what to edit and where.

Id consider asking the phpBB Support forum, or looking for a mod that does what you require?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I'm pretty sure phpbb uses the Smarty lib to integrate it's html with php, so there are templates in one of the folders, you just need to look for the template pertaining to the page you wish to edit, and add in your code.

EDIT: Downloaded phpBB3 there to have a look. Indeed, you need to browse to styles/your_stye(prosilver is the default I think)/template and edit whichever file is relevant to where you want your code to appear.

You'll probably need to make some css edits too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mirror wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure phpbb uses the Smarty lib to integrate it's html with php, so there are templates in one of the folders, you just need to look for the template pertaining to the page you wish to edit, and add in your code.

EDIT: Downloaded phpBB3 there to have a look. Indeed, you need to browse to styles/your_stye(prosilver is the default I think)/template and edit whichever file is relevant to where you want your code to appear.

You'll probably need to make some css edits too.

Are they not PHP files? Its been a very long time since I did any work on a BB Software so I cant recall :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Look for overall_header.tpl and overall_footer.tpl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

squibs wrote: »
    Look for overall_header.tpl and overall_footer.tpl
    No, don't look for these files, they don't exist.

Now I'm all for people lending help and opinions but did you both miss the part where I said I downloaded a copy of phpbb there and then to help the OP out??

OP, just do as I suggested initially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Why not read the documentation that's available:
    http://www.phpbb.com/customise/

Advertisement