Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gots me a new PC

Options
  • 11-04-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

My old-as-stone, reliable as f**K PC packed it in the other day. Pity really, she was a work-horse, never a minutes trouble. It was ancient, Intel Celeron processor, 512MB of ram.

I've ordered a new one from Dell - so I can have XP as my operating system. 2 gigs, Pentium Dual Core, 160 GB of HD (Plus my old 70G HD). Nothing crazy, especially when set against some of the rigs you guys have here. But I'm uber-pleased with myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

TelePaul wrote: »
    My old-as-stone, reliable as f**K PC packed it in the other day. Pity really, she was a work-horse, never a minutes trouble. It was ancient, Intel Celeron processor, 512MB of ram.

I've ordered a new one from Dell - so I can have XP as my operating system. 2 gigs, Pentium Dual Core, 160 GB of HD (Plus my old 70G HD). Nothing crazy, especially when set against some of the rigs you guys have here. But I'm uber-pleased with myself.

Well done ,

You should notice an outstanding difference in performance, especially with load and boot times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

dav nagle wrote: »
    Well done ,

You should notice an outstanding difference in performance, especially with load and boot times :)

Thanks! I'm pretty sure it'll handle my needs well, just using a simple 2 in 2 out soundcard, freebie plugins and loops. Nothing fancy, though I guess it'll run my Native Instruments guitar combos better.

Advertisement