Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 5

• 11-04-2008 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

I heard rumours that COD5 is coming soon already, but i also heard its set back in world war 2, personally i think thats a bad idea so leave comments on what you think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Dont expect much.As far as i know, its going to be developed by.......... treyarch, yep thats the same crowd who did COD3, infinity ward have done 2 and 4.I see it as a bas idea to set it once again in ww2, i really think people are tired of the same auld battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

It is and it isn't. It is because I feel cheated that I didn't get to use the Russians again before COD 4 and I'm hoping they're featured this time. But I would also like to sea if the epilouge meant something because I kinda got attached to the characters:o Meh either way as long as they make it good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Seriously?! THEM AGAIN?! Well is wasn't so bad and at least we know whats comeing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Another WWII game? While I'm sure it'll be good, this is getting stale fast.

Why or why, has nobody developed a WW1 game?
    Charging "over the top", ducking and diving to charge machine guns, secret missions in no mans land at night, this game writes itself!
    Not forgetting mustard gas too

A banker of a game, I thought developers employed artists and creative people :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

It's to be set in the Pacific and this time, they hinted it would be available for PC as well. Never did like games set in the Pacific, but then again not exactly a good track record.

Medal of Honor Rising Sun: Absolute crap
    Battle of the Pacific: Looks the biz but as empty as a tinkers purse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

The Pacific elements of Battlefield 1942 were awesome.

I wouldn't be so pesimistic about it being set out there, might make a bit of a change considering the majority of WW2 shooters are set in France/Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Call of Duty 5 will be the fifth installment of the series (ninth, counting expansion packs) and was confirmed on December 2, 2007.[4] It is expected in Activision's fiscal 2009 (anytime between April 1, 2009 and March 31, 2010) and will be available on all seventh generation consoles, as well as on PlayStation 2 and PC
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_duty_5#Call_of_Duty_5

Still a while to wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I dont mind WW2 I just dont like Treyarch developing it.... They are like Activisions B-Team for the COD series... They fill in the gap while Infinity Ward take a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On the plus side, COD6 will be phenomenal. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Mr E wrote: »
    On the plus side, COD6 will be phenomenal. :)

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's gonna suck, and be laggy online...most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Setting it in vietnam would be better than setting it in ww2 again,im sick of fps using ww2 all the time,cod3 was terrible so im definitley not gettin cod5 if its not made by inifinity ward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I hope to fudge its no set in a 1940 setting again im sick of it, they should continue on with cod4 in the present.

That’s what made cod4 so good.

Can they not see that cod4 has sold more that cod1,2,3 together, why go back in time move forward with modern warfare!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

personally like most people (i belive) think that because cod4 is set in modern day its a better game. its true so why make yet another ww2 game.

And its not just call of duty but others like medal of honour just make them games its head reakon.for all we know even halos gonna make a ww2 game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

COD 4 was an extraordinarily polished and exciting experience, dotted with examples of devs at the very height of their game.

COD3 was a buggy, uninspiring, generic, mediocre, so-so kind of game.

As has been said before, roll on COD 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

brennaldo wrote: »
    for all we know even halos gonna make a ww2 game

master chief storms normandy halo was actually in the past probably a long time ago in some kind of galaxy and maybe far far away and now he comes to take down hitler and cortana has his strange computer kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I bought COD2 and COD3 on the same day there last christmas.I was really impressed with COD2 and when i finished it i started cod3 straight away, i could immediately tell that cod3 didnt feel as special.The only thing that was better were the graphics.Hopefully, treyarch will get their act together this time.Many people will tell you that 5 wont be a true sequel to 4, the people who will actually notice the different developers.Most people, though wont take any notice and expect an evolution of 4.I hope they wont be disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Releasing COD5 in the next 2 years is bad.

COD4 has really taken off on the competitive scene. Releasing a new one could potentially kill the scene for COD4.
    On the flipside, it might not. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

they really shouldn't go back to the old ww2 type games i did like them but like everything else that has sucess it gets over done to the point of just plain rubbish (medal of houner games for example) i would like to see some ww1 games i think someone else in this thread said it not sure it would be a fresh new idea and if done properly it could make for a very good game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

if COD5 is back to the tiring, we've played it a million times already World War 2 scene and not developed by Infinity Ward then i'll be giving this a definite miss. After playing COD2 and loved it I refused to buy Cod3 because I didnt want any more ww2, having watched my friends play some of cod3 it looked very poor indeed. Why do they feel we need another ww2 based cod game, its been done 3 times already!. As for COD4 well it is perhaps my favourite console based fps of all time, the modern setting and gameplay is amazing, the multiplayer is the also hte sole reason to have xbox live, it totally poo's all over anything halo can do as well. So I find it very strange that they are going back in time again to something most of us dont want after the massive success of cod4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah I don't understand it at all. Granted WW2 was one of the biggest events in history, it just sucks to have the 1000th game of it coming out. COD4 was exactly what FPS gaming is about - making you feel like you're in the thick of the action and keeping an interesting story going at the same time. So lets try this. List whatever "awesome" (satire) set pieces will pop up in COD 5.

* Panzer tank crashing through a wall (about 20 times throughout the game)
    * Dramatic battles against 20 enemies at once with a squad who would be better suited to stacking shelves in Tesco
    * Dramatic death of a teammate overlapped with the same orchestral music used in COD 1,2,3
    * Same 1940's ****ty weaponry to use
    * At some point having to drive a snack box on wheels with all the handling of a brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

If COD5 is set in WW2, it is probably only because it was in development before COD4 was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

SOme people are getting confused. I saw some guy say if infinity ward make 5 im not getting it!!! it was infinity ward that made 4!!! And unlike the topic maker I have heard that the COD5 is a continuation of 4 so i wouldnt be freaking out so much. Wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

battser wrote: »
    And unlike the topic maker I have heard that the COD5 is a continuation of 4 so i wouldnt be freaking out so much. Wait and see

i have heard people say to me cod5 will be set in modern day, and like i have told many people just look at my first comment i said i heard rumours that it was its not really confirmed yet

Advertisement