Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempeh

Options
  • 11-04-2008 7:00pm

Has anyone got a good word to say about this stuff?
    I'm feeling adventurous.

I have a bit of a quorn phobia, one of my reasons for not eating meat is that I hated it.
    How chicken like is quorn. Do you like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Don't like the crazy fungal type thing with teh tempeh.
    I'm sure it's good though.

Don't eat Quorn either, moved to the UK for work a few weeks ago and all the extra Cauldron and Wicken Fen stuff makes up for the over-abundance of Quorn :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I used it in a bolognese once (crumbled it into small pieces) and it was quite nice. Apart from that I've made balls out of it and fried it but it wasn't nice. It's like tofu, quite bland on its own, you need to spice it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

quorn or fry's mince with some onion and stock can make a lovely shepards pie. Even has that salty taste without the salt :D Also works well with onion/tin of tomatoes as part of a lasagne :) Don't like it any other way.

Advertisement