Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few words of thanks

Options
  • 11-04-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

This may seem like crawling, boot-licking, arse-kissing, ... whatever... I don't care...

What better use for my 10,000th post than to just post a few words of THANKS to the boards.ie web site for helping me pass my time more enjoyably for the past 8 years.

Imagine me yelling this in the voice of the E4 voiceover guy...

Thank you Admins, you ruddy fine bunch of gentle-folk! You keep the thunderously massive institution that is this intarweb site fantastically oiled! Kudos!

Thank you, fellow Moderators, you equally fine bunch of creatures! You patrol the corridors of power, spanking anyone that shows they need it good-o!

Thank you, everyone else! You were ALSO THERE!

Here's to the next 10,000...

Over and out!

While I'm at it, anyone else want to join in and publicly yell their words of affection and thanks?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Huggles has arrived for group hugs!!!!

Thats a nice speech though! :)
    Bard wrote: »
    This may seem like crawling, boot-licking, arse-kissing, ... whatever... I don't care...

What better use for my 10,000th post than to just post a few words of THANKS to the boards.ie web site for helping me pass my time more enjoyably for the past 8 years.

Imagine me yelling this in the voice of the E4 voiceover guy...

Thank you Admins, you ruddy fine bunch of gentle-folk! You keep the thunderously massive institution that is this intarweb site fantastically oiled! Kudos!

Thank you, fellow Moderators, you equally fine bunch of creatures! You patrol the corridors of power, spanking anyone that shows they need it good-o!

Thank you, everyone else! You were ALSO THERE!

Here's to the next 10,000...

Over and out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

aww appreciation in feedback for boards.
    i love it ^_^

Well, just as a general thanks I think the SMods rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Well done, 10,000 posts is an actual achievement worth marking, particularly with such a selfless note of gratitude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Thanks for the work admins and mods. Appreciate it. Congrats Bard. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I Heart you all. Congrats, Bard. Thanks for all the hard work, especially those behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well done Bard and all at Boards.ie! I'll be coming up to my 10,00th soon myself and no doubt will squander it away :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Nice one..another 5000 for me though lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Nice post, well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Fair play Bard, on reaching this magnificent milestone, the 5 figure posters is an exclusive club, you know? ;)

Here's hoping it doesn't take another 8 years for you to get to 20,000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Well done!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Indeed, congratualations and thanks to all. If only I could be as gracious at times.

I remember asking Bard how he had such a high post count.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

reset Bard's postcount? Worked on Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Overheal wrote: »
    reset Bard's postcount? Worked on Terry.
    careful now

Pfft. We've already reset Victor's four times. It goes up faster than a Lynx clicker on Bondi beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Ruu wrote: »
    I Heart you all. Congrats, Bard. Thanks for all the hard work, especially those behind the scenes.

is it wrong of me to still think of Ruu as a newbie?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nice one bard :)

Yes thank you boards for giving me access to a wider variety of people than I would have otherwise had. Some of them I class as really good friends, others emigrated to Australia to get away from me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

It weird that I still think of Ruu as a newbie from back in the day.

*Nod to the admins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I still do, prolly cos he is the only smod I have never meet in person.

I dunno will we ever meet him. He's an enigma wrapped up in a connundrum wrapped up in a script, or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'd like to thank boards too. Had a hard few months not enjoying work and saving up to go away. ALmost there now. I couldn't have got through the hours of 9 - 5.30 without it.

Plus I'll be relying it to fill me in on the real news when I'm away, you know what the skangers are up to and first hand accounts of rioting on Paddy's day and the like.

Kudos to boards!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Congrats on the big 10k.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

:)I love huggy feedback threads. Well done Bard... and such a nice way to mark the occasion.

I thought I was doing well but Im only a puny wee poster compared to ye boards behemoths. Have ye no lives?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Congrats Bard. Pitty it took so long to get that post out of you tho :P :P

I to want to say "Thanks" to all those working hard behind the scenes, including my fellow mods and also the general user, without them it would not be possible to have such a great community. Boards.ie offers a lot. Anything you want or need to find out - Boards has the answer. There is a great sense of community spirit amongst many people on Boards and its one of the many things that I love about the site. Meeting people in Boards beers to put face to nick is great and makes the spirit that bit closer.

Thanks for everything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Boards.ie - Now ye're thankin'

:)

Congrats to all

I was saving my 4,000th post for you... but then I think I eated it talking about tonight's server issues :D the irony of it all.

Many thanks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i wish we could have a big virtual group hug

/me stretches out arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

/me nestles into whitewashman.

too much?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

well done to Bard! :)

*wonders if it is a conspiracy on bard's part for a postcount +1 post in disguise?* :p

Advertisement