Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiiKey install

Options
  • 11-04-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I think I have everything I need to do the install. I have a d2b board. I was wondering where would I get flux? And what exactly does it do? I think it makes the solder bond better or something? Any help very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

All instructions come with it, if yours is a new wii which start in serial # LEH 150 xxxxx the wiikey wont work you will need a D2C card. Flux will be handy when soldering, makes a better seal and keeps it together better!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I installed two and didnt use any flux. Both are working grand

You'd get flux in maplin by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

I installed two and didnt use any flux. Both are working grand

You'd get flux in maplin by the way.

I aggree, I didn't use flux either and everything went fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sub5

your better off trying to get yourself a bit of flux man it basically does 2 things, 1. stops the joint from oxidizing which in turn can lead to dry joints and quicker deterioration of your handy work
    2. It keeps the solder more "wet" (runny) so there is there is less surface tension which encourages the solder to take to the joint faster cleaner and easier

if you dont want to go buying a tub of the stuff and your going through town at all just let us know and i can throw you a bit no problem

Advertisement