Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is going on with Envirophone.com

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tractortom

Saw another crowd called http://www.MobDosh.com has anybody had any expereince?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

tractortom wrote: »
    Saw another crowd called http://www.MobDosh.com has anybody had any expereince?

Seems to be Envirophone now as well. In fact all the other suggestions are now Envirophone. I traded a 5800 in a couple of months ago for Paypal and it went very smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Frankie7

Having awful trouble with this crowd. Sent off 5 phones and received payment for 3 quite quickly. Trouble started when they said they never received the other 2 even though they were sent in the same envelope, is it a coincidence that the 2 phones are both touch screen and were quoted to be worth €170 together. Sent an email and was phoned soon after to be told that there was no sign of the other phones but the envelope was damaged in transit and there was a hole in the envelope just big enough for a phone to be taken out.

I was told the damaged envelope will be sent out along with a claim form so I can claim against the sorting company or something like. Chap on the phone said I would have a good chance of getting something back. Anyone ever have to do this? and is it just me or does it sound like your man is talking crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Wow, that sounds dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Frankie7

yea sounds like one big scam. I can't be the only one this has happened to but how are they getting away with it. I mean the ad on tv might be bad but everyone has heard about them and they are probably the most known of these types of companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I wish I saw this thread before I sent my 5800.

I sent the package by registered post so I can see that it was received yesterday from the Trace & Trace.

I logged onto environment expecting the sales status to have changed to "received", but it looks like it could take a few weeks for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I wish I saw this thread before I sent my 5800.

I sent the package by registered post so I can see that it was received yesterday from the Trace & Trace.

I logged onto environment expecting the sales status to have changed to "received", but it looks like it could take a few weeks for that to happen.

Many weeks.......if you're lucky

try wrote: »
    Many weeks.......if you're lucky

I must be very lucky, got an email they received it on Friday, after sending it Tuesday morning via registered post.

Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

envirofone is a rip off stay clear of them i sent them a nokia 6300 and they quoted €38 for it two weeks later got a email off the saying the phone failed there test saying the phone had a blank lcd screen and they only offerd me €11.62 but the thing is i was using the phone up to the day i posted it and i never had a problem with it and the day i posted it i wrapped it up in bubble wrap t make sure nothing happened to it

I got €107 euro in my paypal account exactly 7 days after I had posted my Nokia 5800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

i got my cheque 10 days after posting my phones in to envirofone. They also paid out more than other sites - eg €31 for sony slider while other sites said €20

i was happy with their service

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

please tell me there is more positive reports on envirofone. Supposedly my cheque is on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Keith186

Aruba08 wrote: »
    please tell me there is more positive reports on envirofone. Supposedly my cheque is on the way

I know two people who sent in phones in last couple of months and both orders went fine.

from what I have researched they were a bit dodgy initially but good now! A friend of mine has dealt with them a few times and all has been fine. I am just panicking as I sent 2 qst gen iphone and 2 goof 3g iphones. According to them i should have a cheque this week.

good news I got my cheque!! I would definitely use them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Aruba08 wrote: »
    good news I got my cheque!! I would definitely use them again.

how much did you get, out of interest?

2 really battered 1st gen iphone and 2 3g iphone one cracked on back!! €370

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Seriously wtf? I got a envelope earlier on week but it says I have not used my e-mail to sign up? So how am I going to get money for them or check my account???..

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Sorry for dragging this up again lads, but I'm after agreeing to sending them my iPhone 4 16gb for just under €300. They are sending out a freepost envelope to me. Just wondering should I go ahead with it considering the amount involved??

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Also does anything happen if I decide not to send them the phone??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Nothing happens if you dont send the phone. You just dont get the money. A quick look on adverts.ie shows iPhone 4's selling from 280-450 so if you're happy with 300 go for it. If not sell it privately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Thanks, I'll have a think about it!! Just don't want to be sending my phone away if there's a chance I mightened get paid for it of envirofone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I've used envirofone before (twice) and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Frankie7 wrote: »
    Having awful trouble with this crowd. Sent off 5 phones and received payment for 3 quite quickly. Trouble started when they said they never received the other 2 even though they were sent in the same envelope, is it a coincidence that the 2 phones are both touch screen and were quoted to be worth €170 together. Sent an email and was phoned soon after to be told that there was no sign of the other phones but the envelope was damaged in transit and there was a hole in the envelope just big enough for a phone to be taken out.

I was told the damaged envelope will be sent out along with a claim form so I can claim against the sorting company or something like. Chap on the phone said I would have a good chance of getting something back. Anyone ever have to do this? and is it just me or does it sound like your man is talking crap?

Sorry I don't mean to bring up this old post but I have something quite important in relation to this post.
    The Royal Mail is one of the worst post services in the world for theft. I know this from first hand. I am somewhat involved in the jewellery trade and know that An Post now refuses to send or receive Jewellery to/from the UK on a commercial level as registered post due the the large scale theft involved in the Royal Mail. So I am just throwing in the possibility for this poster that envirofone.ie may be telling the truth in this case.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 104 ✭✭dazzymc

I used them once and it was a really smooth transaction. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tractortom

My son used them without any problems; I don't see their ad on telly anymore, maybe suffering from austerity measures too. LOL

Advertisement