Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pdf recruitment

• 11-04-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

anyone know how long it takes for army to let ya no if ya got in2 cadets or not after the first interview??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

There's more than one interview you know. If your spelling is like you type, I urge you to reconsider your career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fog11

kermit_ie wrote: »
    There's more than one interview you know. If your spelling is like you type, I urge you to reconsider your career.

Kermit, Many thanks for the career advice ! However it is unrequired. God the army captain I spoke to recently never mentioned anything about spelling being such a major part of the cadets. How silly of him! Think a guidance lesson from you kermit wouldn't do him any harm. And yes I am aware that there is more than one interview for the cadets, I was simply asking does any one know how long it takes for the army to let you know after the first interview if you are successful or not? so as too proceed to the second interview. Any useful information would be greatly appreciated!! And please don't hesitate to let me know if there are any more spelling mistakes as some of the more sensitive readers seem to be finding such mistakes offensive. Regards, Fog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Fog, he was just advising you relax.

You will be starting training (IF you get in) a little while after the Leaving Cert finishes. I dont know how long it will be before you find out you get in but my best advice would be relax and just think about the Interviews! After that you can think about everything else but the Interviews are the hardest part.

Fox, he was just advising you relax.

You will be starting training (IF you get in) a little while after the Leaving Cert finishes. I dont know how long it will be before you find out you get in but my best advice would be relax and just think about the Interviews! After that you can think about everything else but the Interviews are the hardest part.

ah yea i was only takin the p*** no offence intended anyway!!

cool thanks for that minidazzler. yea i had the first interview the other day.. the thoughts of it were much scarier than the interview itself! i cant imagine what the final interview would be like though, id say its so nerve wrecking! are you in the cadets yourself?

Fog11 wrote: »
    ah yea i was only takin the p*** no offence intended anyway!!

cool thanks for that minidazzler. yea i had the first interview the other day.. the thoughts of it were much scarier than the interview itself! i cant imagine what the final interview would be like though, id say its so nerve wrecking! are you in the cadets yourself?

No but I have 2 buddies in it and about 5 going for it. (1 is getting in)

• Advertisement

class. how do u kno they are def gettin in?

Fog11 wrote: »
    class. how do u kno they are def gettin in?

I didnt say he is Def getting in, I meant he is as likely as the most likely guy. I think he should and could get in. (It is my opinion)

The others, I cant tell them to their faces but I dont think they will or should be officers (I have known them for 15 years so I think I am right in saying it!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

you wont know if you have got through to next stage until mid june, second stage is early july, final interview is in late july,will hear back on if got in or not on same day cao offers come out, cadets start in october, hope that timeframe helps

you wont know if you have got through to next stage until mid june, second stage is early july, final interview is in late july,will hear back on if got in or not on same day cao offers come out, cadets start in october, hope that timeframe helps

yea thats a great help, i didn have a clue what the story was til now thank a million!:)

I didnt say he is Def getting in, I meant he is as likely as the most likely guy. I think he should and could get in. (It is my opinion)

The others, I cant tell them to their faces but I dont think they will or should be officers (I have known them for 15 years so I think I am right in saying it!!!)

o right now i get ya ! ha yea they wil def be put to the test before they get in anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

The secretary of the interview board gave me a few rough dates, the competitions section gave me roughly the same:

Hear about first interview: End of May
    Fitness/Medical/Group etc: End of June
    Final Interview: End of July/Early August
    In or not: End of August (Think it was around the same time as LC results or CAO)

Advertisement