Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My film and game audio website - non profit and maybe of interest to you

Options
  • 11-04-2008 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Before I say this, I'd like to say, I am NOT promoting a business. I have just made a website for composers that make music for film, games and tv.

Its a non-profit website..I have to stress that. I'm not making any money off it, and I won't be putting ads on it. I thought I would let everyone here know, as you can all join up and let yourself known. Basically, the reason I say this, is that nearly everyone here makes music, and you may want to get some money out of it. Well thats the aim of my site - to get composers jobs from film makers, and game developers, and maybe even used on tv etc.

So I thought I'd let you all know so if you want, you can join the community and hopefully there will be film makers, game developers etc. coming to it soon.

I've only just created the site, so its fairly empty, but I hope to have a lot of people joining soon :P

The reason I created the site was that I noticed that theres hundreds of composers out there that have to go to film making sites, game development sites etc. to advertise their services. I thought it would be a good idea to have somewhere where specifically film makers and game developers can come to to find composers.

Anyhoo, thought I'd let you know, and hope its ok to post it :)
    The site is

www.filmandgamecomposers.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Nice site. I hope it builds for you. I'd suggest setting up a myspace profile for it to drive traffic from the right type of people.

Nice list of resources and links on there too *ahem*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

frobisher wrote: »
    Nice site. I hope it builds for you. I'd suggest setting up a myspace profile for it to drive traffic from the right type of people.

Nice list of resources and links on there too *ahem*

yea good idea about the myspace profile. And the links and resources are all referenced :P

Thanks :) Hope to see a few people from here sign up, and get a good community going. I'm not trying to steal people away from boards - hell that would be impossible lol. Just trying to change the current way the industry is - composers having to search for work, instead of work searching for composers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Cool, good luck with this. You've spotted an apparent gap in the internet (horror of horrors :D) so hopefully you will succeed in filling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Best of Luck!

I gave up after Tetras on the Gameboy Mk1 ...

thanks everyone :)

hopefully it will get off the ground

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    What a choon. You gotta respect the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you want easy listening, check out the ambiance type music from Mechwarrior 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JJV

I have quite a list of Irish film composers/wannabe composers who studied on the Screen Training Ireland/UCLA film scoring programme. Would you like me to send a general e-mail directing them to your site?

I suppose what is really needed is the opposite - a large data base of film/game directors & producers with gigs-a-plenty!

Good luck with it.

JJV wrote: »
    I have quite a list of Irish film composers/wannabe composers who studied on the Screen Training Ireland/UCLA film scoring programme. Would you like me to send a general e-mail directing them to your site?

I suppose what is really needed is the opposite - a large data base of film/game directors & producers with gigs-a-plenty!

Good luck with it.

yea that would be great man. well first of all what we need is plenty of composers. once we have plenty of composers, I will be getting in contact with all of the film maker companies, game development companies etc. and advising them of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

yea that would be great man. well first of all what we need is plenty of composers. once we have plenty of composers, I will be getting in contact with all of the film maker companies, game development companies etc. and advising them of the site.

I personally am very interested in signing up. Great idea. I was a game tester at one stage and have played against the game master! Check this out. I composed the music and Fx to this video that I put together when I got my Mac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2qwFtYtwkQ

Sight looks awesome by the way..

• Advertisement

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Best of Luck!

You gave up when the industry was at its infancy! Shame on you Sub-zero.

dav nagle wrote: »
    I personally am very interested in signing up. Great idea. I was a game tester at one stage and have played against the game master! Check this out. I composed the music and Fx to this video that I put together when I got my Mac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2qwFtYtwkQ

Sight looks awesome by the way..

thanks man. i try to update it as much as possible every day with new stuff. its the first website iv ever done :)

was fun to get it all setup and get its name out there. hopefully i can get the attention of game developers and film makers - i'm bugging all of the major companies as much as possible :)

i like ur video by the way

lol worth having a look at the site statistics and hits here:

http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s47composers&r=79&d=412&md=1&pg=1&v=100

the world map is interesting. iv had people from russia, malaysia, australia, brazil, chile, iceland...all over the world - mad...

lol worth having a look at the site statistics and hits here:

http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s47composers&r=79&d=412&md=1&pg=1&v=100

the world map is interesting. iv had people from russia, malaysia, australia, brazil, chile, iceland...all over the world - mad...

I am behind you all the way, this idea rocks and the website rocks too. Glad to be onboard.. 'Flashback', That game had the most atmospheric music I have ever heard. Of course there are more atmospheric tunes out there but its how the music works with the visual and style. If I recall 'Flash-back' was made by a french developer. The video I showed you is just a bit of fun, glad you like it. God I have to go to bed I feel sick and dizzy! What a long day building flat-pack chairs and tables and buying Apple Mac's for my girl....

Listening to 'A tear is shed' sweet!

'First minute and a half is nice too' are you a Reason user? They sound like Reason. I love Reason.

'Fluidity' is my fav so far. Very tight. Get it mastered add some fat synths and your away. Very 'RPG'..

cheers man :)

have a look at the news section on the site. i've contacted a buttload of companies so far to see if any of them would like to link to us and us to link to them, just to bring film makers, and game modders to the site - not to make money out of it...will be interesting to see what comes out of it

type in "film and game composers" into google, and its the top search - yay!

cheers man :)

have a look at the news section on the site. i've contacted a buttload of companies so far to see if any of them would like to link to us and us to link to them, just to bring film makers, and game modders to the site - not to make money out of it...will be interesting to see what comes out of it

type in "film and game composers" into google, and its the top search - yay!

Morning!

That is great news, top of the list eh? Excellent :)
    When I was working 'Activision' the manager 'Barry' was explaining that it costs 100,000 euro for audio per language in a game. (useless info!!)

yea, just need to get more members to join up now. if you know anyone interested let them all know

yea, just need to get more members to join up now. if you know anyone interested let them all know

Certainly will

just made you a mod on there if you're interested :)

just made you a mod on there if you're interested :)

Sounds like a good idea I have the time, cheers white_falcon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement