Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best commercial insurance outside Dublin + TAX

Options
  • 11-04-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi

Would anyone have any opinions about where to get the best insurance for a small van? Im in mid 30s with 1 year no claims

Im also wondering if insurance and/or road tax are cheaper if you live and work outside of Dublin?

I got a quote for 550 last week for fully comp off FBD, axa were quoting 1200euro (thats "the lower prices" cus they "dropped their rates")
    Wow axa you are amazing..
    ..ly crap!

Any ideas at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rmurf

www.123.ie

unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

dosent look like 123.ie does commercial insurance :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rmurf

oops sorry man, the old read then reply got me again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

Try munster group,they're in Ennis,Ph. 065 6841766.

Got comprehensive off them for 480 euro,FBD were looking for 1300 euro,spun me a line,"if your sole income was from farming,we would give you a fixed rate,no matter what type of jeep you were driving".Is that discrimination,or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Onthebus

Invincible wrote: »
    Try munster group,they're in Ennis,Ph. 065 6841766.

I spoke to 2 of the stupidest people I have had to try to communicate with in a long time

the first took all my details and then did nothing, didnt call me back and when i did get my file checked she hadnt got any quotes

the second of the 2 females then asked me questions like how many seats in the van
    I answer: one for the driver and one for the passanger
    she says: so 4 then.

she asks if it was insured commercially last year
    I repeat that it is a commercial van

finally she gets me a crap quote and I thats the end of the time wasting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement