Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs after business degree?

Options
  • 11-04-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm in third year of a business management degree and wondering what kind of jobs i could go into when i've got my honours? (i've got another year left)
    was thinking about working in a bank or something like that? heard you need to apply 8/9 months in advance?
    any advice/info would be great (starting salaries etc..)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

Man there are too many people nowadays with degrees. No offence to you, just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

There are a wide range of options open to business graduates. 2:1 or 2:2 is generally the requirement for acceptance into a graduate programe. AIB, BOI, and Ulster Bank are three I know of that offer such programmes. Aside from banking, many other organisations, including Tesco, SuperQuinn and many of the other large chains offer graduate programmes in management. Starting salaries can vary greatly, but most employers will give you a fair indication upon application. You generally apply while in your fouth year, but this varies from employer to employer. I would agree that 8 to 9 months is about average. Good luck.
    Man there are too many people nowadays with degrees. No offence to you, just saying
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

paddy316i wrote: »

just as many without them...whats your point? if you have nothing useful to say, dont bother.

OP as the previous poster said, there are loads of grad programs out there, internships. But Business being quite common and broad, to make yourself stand out try and achieve a 2.1 or higher. id start by looking at all the banks and see what programs they run, then theres also An Post, Musgraves, aldi, lidl....

Advertisement