Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do penalty points show on your license?

Options
  • 11-04-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

When you get penalty points are they physically put into the endorsements section of your license aswell as being recorded on computer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

im not sure but i recently had to get new insurance and i had just lost my license. the brokers had a copy of my license from a couple of years ago but they said that the insurance company wouldn accept it in case i had gotten an endorsement and/or penalty points in the meantime.
    this would seem to indicate they do put points on ya'r license but no-one ive talked ta since has been able to confirm this!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

random wrote: »
    When you get penalty points are they physically put into the endorsements section of your license
    No.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

No.

Really? (curious)

I thought you had to surrender your license to have peanalty points applied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They don’t appear physically on your license but big brother computer has a record of them and they will only disappear when the appropriate time comes :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Grand lads thanks. Just wanted to hear from people who had points and if they were on license or not.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement