Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motley are BACK!!!

• 11-04-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭

Get your hairspray, mascara, leathers, chains and handcuffs and start sippin jack as MOTLEY CRUE are back!

They are announcing a release date for their new album, The Dirt,on 14th of april, title track and single "saints of Los Angeles has samples on youtube.

www.motley.com

best thing is it sounds ****ing great:D:D

you cant stop rock N' roll!!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

go on the crue!!! :D beltin out a bitta girls girls girls...ya'll be hard pushed to beat it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nice one , bring on a tour :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Clip from one of their new songs:

Sounds decent enough I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I saw the Crue last year at Download (Donington) and it was a great gig. Not to mention the amount of female boobage getting flashed was insane :pac:

Comical stuff it was :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

sweet that is awesome new song is pretty sweet sounding aswell hich i wasnt expecting i usually find that old bands and new album dont go to well . BRING ON A TOUR!!!

Second thought when was the last time crue played in ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

YES!! This will be great!! Is the 14th the release date in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

AFAIK the crue have never played Ireland.
    I saw them in Wembley some years back and they were great.

Remember all the fuss when it was announced that the crue were supporting GNR in the RDS in 06 which ended up being a big load of poo, there was loads of posts on the crue's forum about them playing in Ireland. They obviously knew there was/is a demand to see them here but it never happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

thats sucks hopefully this year would b different thou a few more posts about an irish gig in the motley forum might raise some more awareness ! what do you guys think ? do u guys think there would b much of a demand for motley crue over here im a big fan but i dont know many people who are into the band and would actually go see them !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

kona wrote: »
    Get your hairspray, mascara, leathers, chains and handcuffs and start sippin jack as MOTLEY CRUE are back!

Were they ever really gone? It's not like they hadn't been gigging over the last number of years. If you need to wait for a new album to realise that bands still exist then you're not really paying much attention...

Metallica for instance; haven't really brought out much in the way of what you might call an 'album', more a travesty, since 1991... Yet they still seem to be doing well...

Megadeth 'broke-up' years ago yet have managed to release at least 2 albums since...

I think you need to look more closely at your frames of references.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

lee_arama wrote: »
    Were they ever really gone? It's not like they hadn't been gigging over the last number of years. If you need to wait for a new album to realise that bands still exist then you're not really paying much attention...

Metallica for instance; haven't really brought out much in the way of what you might call an 'album', more a travesty, since 1991... Yet they still seem to be doing well...

Megadeth 'broke-up' years ago yet have managed to release at least 2 albums since...

I think you need to look more closely at your frames of references.

my dear god, are you for real??? youve just contraticed yourself???:D

typical response from a metallica head, what about loaded and re-loaded,they were circa 1996 IMO metallica havnt released a proper metallica album since master of puppets:p

if you are just considering real albums, the original line up of motley havnt released anything solid since feelgood(1989), motley crue(1994) was the last good album with corabi on vocals, samantha maloney and randy castillo played on new tattoo(2000) and generation swine(1997) was more a concept album.

yes they have been around but its been on and off, IMO youre only truely back when you release a album, this album, The Dirt was promised in 2004, after they released street fighting man and if i die tomorrow.

if you liked the crue enough youd go to the usa or england to see their full show, they will never come here because the majority of irish people dont listen to them and will dismiss it as emo crao(ignorant musical retards)

the full song is up on you tube now here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GCFhS4YLkw&feature=related

• Advertisement

so album is out on the 17th june.

and a massive rock festival called cruefest due for summer, includes buckcherry, papa roach, sixx A.M and some alt rock band i cant remember.

they will be in canada, and im going to be in canada then, so i just got my ticket there!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are on presale now, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

The new song is unreal!! Just saw the youtube video there, it sounds like it comes straight from Dr. Feelgood!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

typical response from a metallica head, what about loaded and re-loaded,they were circa 1996 IMO metallica havnt released a proper metallica album since master of puppets:p

Obviously you haven't lisetned to the genius of the black album
    if you are just considering real albums, the original line up of motley havnt released anything solid since feelgood(1989),
    Quality album for a band who are sober
    motley crue(1994) was the last good album with corabi on vocals,
    load of sh!t, Carabi was a whimp and had alot to cover after Neill's exit
    samantha maloney and randy castillo played on new tattoo(2000) and generation swine(1997) was more a concept album.

Only good happened to that album is randy castillo . . . . . . Brutal albums!!!!!

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Obviously you haven't lisetned to the genius of the black album

yes enter sandman....give them the ****ing nobel prize:D
    its a pop album in a metallica sense, slowed down lots of bass, they cited feelgood as a huge influence, even got bob rock to produce it;);)
    the genius is they robbed the sound from crue.thats coming down to rapper level.
    Quality album for a band who are sober

yes feelgood is excellent.
    load of sh!t, Carabi was a whimp and had alot to cover after Neill's exit

axl rose is a pussy and a wimp as is slash:p dont know what you are saying here but the album is totally different to what went before and is excellent, at least they had the balls to do it, incidentally they lost ALOT because of it but ino it was ahead of its time.

s regard vince yes to cover what vince left behind, corabi basically had to stay sober:D:D
    when neil eventually got his **** together his solo **** in comparison to the crues stuff is poor. the only saviour is steve stevens on guitar.
    its corabi not carabi, he is now singing for RATT.

Only good happened to that album is randy castillo . . . . . . Brutal albums!!!!!

swine is good for what it is. not my cup f tea though too much eectronica in it........or too much of a tommy lee influence !
    i wouldnt call new tatoo rubbish,they were trying to go back to the sleaze rock it had potential but was just weak, yes randy castillo is good.

yes enter sandman....give them the ****ing nobel prize:D
    its a pop album in a metallica sense, slowed down lots of bass, they cited feelgood as a huge influence, even got bob rock to produce it;);)
    the genius is they robbed the sound from crue.thats coming down to rapper level.

What a loud of B@ll@x, how does metallica - "thrash metal legends" ripp off the making of a drag queen show with a bunch of muppets sucking each other off - Motley crue, who play as quoted by "your self" before with other bands, house wife music :p

axl rose is a pussy and a wimp as is slash:p dont know what you are saying here but the album is totally different to what went before and is excellent, at least they had the balls to do it, incidentally they lost ALOT because of it but ino it was ahead of its time.

Slash a whimp - who is classed as best friend to nikki sixx, your prob just jealous slash is closer to him!!!!!

swine is good for what it is. not my cup f tea though too much eectronica in it........or too much of a tommy lee influence !
    i wouldnt call new tatoo rubbish,they were trying to go back to the sleaze rock it had potential but was just weak, yes randy castillo is good.

your just making an excuse for a sh!t album

What a loud of B@ll@x, how does metallica - "thrash metal legends" ripp off the making of a drag queen show with a bunch of muppets sucking each other off - Motley crue, who play as quoted by "your self" before with other bands, house wife music :p

from the horses mouth.

ha ha ha from sombody who likes GnR and VR thats a bit rich! they are more housewife than the crue. no housewife unless shes a cheap slut will be singing about a woman goin down:D

Slash a whimp - who is classed as best friend to nikki sixx, your prob just jealous slash is closer to him!!!!!

who?? nikki certainly doesnt class him as, he was just sombody nikki did drugs with..............along with the lads from ratt and ...............you guessed it metallica.

your just making an excuse for a sh!t album
    no im not i already said its poor

another interesting vid

they are such losers, they hung around with the glam bands, there image is fake imo,
    they would have had their hair jacked(nice pic of hedfield with back combed hair actually) and glammed up but they were obviously told they had the talent to make good music but were too ****ing ugly.

music isnt about getting laid................it is if you aint such a ugly mother****er!:D:D

Your argument ammuses me. You're calling people "pussys" and "ugly" - what? Everyone has an opinion. Stop getting worked up over it

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Your argument ammuses me. You're calling people "pussys" and "ugly" - what? Everyone has an opinion. Stop getting worked up over it

suppose you have to come back with somthing..........

im glad your amused but its as you put it "a opinion, stop getting worked up over it":p

and im not the one who started the pussy calling that was hynzie wishing nikki sixx was a female:D:D

there is another motley bashing thread, if you dont care dont post in a thread that clearly states a positive motley vibe.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Saw them as the opening act at Monsters Of Rock in 1984. They were great.

Ah the memories.......

there is another motley bashing thread, if you dont care dont post in a thread that clearly states a positive motley vibe.;)

Have a look at all my comments in this thread before yer little lovers tiff there.

• Advertisement

Have a look at all my comments in this thread before yer little lovers tiff there.

fair enough your excited about the crues new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    one of the few:o

lovers tiff
    :confused::confused:
    what?
    with who???
    your the one with the little problem, i called metallica pussys and ugly in a humourous sarcastic way, maybe it didnt come across?

Why that one of the few bit? Is there kinda a feeling that it'll be like St. Anger? I never heard that now.

Anyone hear anything other than the title track from it?

Why that one of the few bit? Is there kinda a feeling that it'll be like St. Anger? I never heard that now.

Anyone hear anything other than the title track from it?

nah its really excellent, its getting HUGE in the USA, but here motley are kinda looked don upon and i doubt people will recognise it for the quality, and just dismiss it as "gay motley crue song".

Not many irish like hairmetal, and even less on this board tbh, although i really dont class motley as hairmetal(everybody else does). they are heavy metal and that the end of!

no they havnt released anything else and I havnt heard about leaked stuff.
    heres a list of the songs on the album.

"L.A.M.F."
    "Face Down in the Dirt"
    "What's It Gonna Take"
    "Down at the Whisky"
    "Saints of Los Angeles" - 3:21
    "Muther****er of the Year"
    "The Animal in Me"
    "Welcome to the Machine"
    "Just Another Psycho"
    "Chicks = Trouble"
    "This Ain't a Love Song"
    "White Trash Circus"
    "Goin' Out Swingin'"

they sound pretty good from the titles tbh, very motley.

Haha, jesus, straight from the 80's! God I can't wait! God I hope they do a world tour and come here!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Haha, jesus, straight from the 80's! God I can't wait! God I hope they do a world tour and come here!

so do i. hopefully next summer in Marlay Park , hopefully they bring the crue fest with them Buck Cherry,Pa Pa Roach , Sixx:Am and Trapt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I've seen them twice live.
    In manchester in 2005, and it was excellent.
    They certainly can put on a show. 2 1/2 hour set. All the hits, plus a few lesser known ones, for the fans, lots of pyrotechnics, naked women (and in the interests of equality, a naked Tommy lee, if you're into that), acrobats, and a girl in a metal bikini using an angle grinder on herself.

However, I saw them last year, in London, and it was very mediocre.
    Tommy Lee injured himself, so the drummer from Papa Roach filled in for him, and it just wasn't the same. They didn't have their hearts in it, and they finished after just over an hour, with no encores.

So, I suppose it depends which Motely Crue show up. I'd still go to see them, if they were playing, this year.

they wont come here, nikki said in a press conference that the cruefest in USA/Canada ends in septmber, then they are going to choose between south america or australia, and going by the fact summer starts in the southern hemisphere around this time, id be suprised at a autumn gig here. id say it would be in the UK in a arena if it does happen, better IMO as you get a better crowd(irish crowds suck!)

suppose you have to come back with somthing..........

im glad your amused but its as you put it "a opinion, stop getting worked up over it":p

whats it like being the only male motley groupie
    and im not the one who started the pussy calling that was hynzie wishing nikki sixx was a female:D:D

Honestly i like reading about him but he's a dirty red neck who couldn't put two notes together and got lucky, as for d songs about going down , what the fu@k was "girls girls girls" about???????? Couldn't be anything sleazy no??? Motley were scum back in the day and have really only grown up the last few years, they had one good album and that was Dr Feelgood,

Positive vibes and that means you right!!!!!!!!

Blisterman wrote: »
    I've seen them twice live.
    In manchester in 2005, and it was excellent.
    They certainly can put on a show. 2 1/2 hour set. All the hits, plus a few lesser known ones, for the fans, lots of pyrotechnics, naked women (and in the interests of equality, a naked Tommy lee, if you're into that), acrobats, and a girl in a metal bikini using an angle grinder on herself.

However, I saw them last year, in London, and it was very mediocre.
    Tommy Lee injured himself, so the drummer from Papa Roach filled in for him, and it just wasn't the same. They didn't have their hearts in it, and they finished after just over an hour, with no encores.

So, I suppose it depends which Motely Crue show up. I'd still go to see them, if they were playing, this year.

Typicall Crue . . . . . . . . Make there money and run into hiding for a couple of years and release a greatest hits and a live album!!!!

• Advertisement

whats it like being the only male motley groupie

Honestly i like reading about him but he's a dirty red neck who couldn't put two notes together and got lucky, as for d songs about going down , what the fu@k was "girls girls girls" about???????? Couldn't be anything sleazy no??? Motley were scum back in the day and have really only grown up the last few years, they had one good album and that was Dr Feelgood,

Positive vibes and that means you right!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha ha dont have much to say after metallica admitted to ripping off feelgood, do ya????
    sure you think feelgood is good now??
    suppose what ever hetfield says you do..."i think he said jump???"

get a life, please!!! you can make a point but not"motley are **** end of"...I know you think motley are crap etc but build a bridge there are lots more bands!!!

i dont really care what you say about nikki or the crue you dont have much to do anyways now that VR are gone, GnR are a shambles................Motley are back.............put that in yer bong and smoke it(in the boys room)

Advertisement