Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai Food.

Options
  • 11-04-2008 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

There is a new Thai place behind the recently re opened Mill Pub on the Riverside. I had dinner there this evening. There are no signs or menus up and if it hadn't been recommended to me I would not have known it was there

If you are a fan of of Thai food you will love this place, I was in a well known thai in Leeds last week and this place beats it hands down.

What really made it for me was the gentle Garavogue river gliding past through the large windows. It really is the most serene of rooms. Grub 10/10 View 10/10. Get there before the river drops.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

There is a new Thai place behind the recently re opened Mill Pub on the Riverside. I had dinner there this evening. There are no signs or menus up and if it hadn't been recommended to me I would not have known it was there

If you are a fan of of Thai food you will love this place, I was in a well known thai in Leeds last week and this place beats it hands down.

What really made it for me was the gentle Garavogue river gliding past through the large windows. It really is the most serene of rooms. Grub 10/10 View 10/10. Get there before the river drops.

Nice one, great to know. You cant beat eating in a serene setting too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

what's the price range?

:D I looooooove Thai Food!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Watch it there Xiney, someones challenging your title as "Sligo Boards Food Reviewer"!

Thanks Redarmyblues, sounds great. They do have a great dining room there, it was a shame nothing ever seemed to take off there. Good luck to the new outfit, I'll definatly try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, it's called 'Jasmine'. Walk past the place every day going going over the footbridge.

They put the sign up on it late last week so I presumed it was opened.. but I never saw anyone inside it (coming home at lunch or coming home around 6).

Might give it a try.. very close to me anyways!

bwahahaha. now we know where to find you when you ban us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

It is more expensive than Sakura and cheaper than Lemongrass, mid range for ethnic cooking if you know what I mean.

Oh and if you do go, ring ahead and book a window table.

darn. And I thought Sakura was pretty expensive for Chinese... Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Where exactly is this place? Mill pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Its the former Riverside Hotel restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yep... Wit ya now... I know where it is...

• Advertisement
Advertisement