Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best alternative non alco drink?

Options
  • 11-04-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Been off the the booze for a couple of years now and still struggle to find nice non alco drinks. Anyone found any nice (and simple) alt na tipples???

My flavor of the month is ginger ale with a full lime squeezed into it. Sounds a bit dodge maybe but worth a try!

Ta.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Milk on the rocks. Or straight if you can handle it.

My alternative is a glass of coke if I plan on not drinking alcohol when I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ginger ale is the best drink know to man tbh. never tried it with lime.

Cremo wrote: »
    ginger ale is the best drink know to man tbh. never tried it with lime.

The day they stop serving Canada Dry was the worst day of my life.

http://www.andrewcusack.com/gingerale1.jpg

Drinking anything non alcoholic in the same quantity as the bingers is not a pleasant expierence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Erdinger non alcholic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If i'm driving, I drink rock shandys but get sick of them fairly quick. There's also so much coke (a cola) you can take before it becomes a sugar overload and makes it ever more unbearable to listen to and humour your drunk mates.

IMO the bigger issue here is the fact that a pint of beer is still cheaper than a pint of coke/fanta/whatever.

What would it cost to fill a pint glass with those little bottles of ginger ale?

/shudders

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Moonbaby wrote: »
    The day they stop serving Canada Dry was the worst day of my life.

http://www.andrewcusack.com/gingerale1.jpg

Drinking anything non alcoholic in the same quantity as the bingers is not a pleasant expierence.

amen, i loved that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Poppyseed tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ginger Beer > Ginger Ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Erdinger non alcholic.

Far too tempting!!!
    Theres far too much sugar in coke n all of those. in years to come therell be a shortage of insulin!!
    I didnt realise ginger ale had such a cult following. lemonade can be good too but in fairly small doses.
    Bobo's beside whelans , aswel as doing top food also do a really nice milkshake. oh, god i should get out (or stay in )more:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Lucozade!
    can't beat it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

TK Red Lemonade. Nothing, nothing could ever beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

If I'm not on the drink it's blackcurrent and water.

Tastes nice and is cheap as chips, free in some places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Soda water and lime.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

i wasnt drinking tonite and had to watch my mates downing cold frosty one after cold frosty one and i can tell ya one thing nothing i drank soothed my pain!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Budweiser. Ohhhh he said it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Rock Shandy was always my drink of choice before i turned to the dark side! you get a full pint , so it lasts a while- hated standn there without a drink in my hand!

you do kinda get sick of it tho, and it costs as much as any pint too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

It's got to be tanora. It's so good, us Corkmen refuse to share it with the rest of you (although I have seen it occasionally the Tesco in the Merrion centre).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Tomato juice with a squeeze of lemon. I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dotsman wrote: »
    It's got to be tanora. It's so good, us Corkmen refuse to share it with the rest of you (although I have seen it occasionally the Tesco in the Merrion centre).
    F*ck sake you can get Tanora everywhere

You'd want to get over yerselves, bleedin langers

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Lucozade!
    can't beat it!

QFT:Only soft drink I take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Considering fizzy drinks make me sick, and I don't like tea, it has to be water. Mmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Always lucozade....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

where do you take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

QDT???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH to the no homers non-drinkers club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

I used to be a big fan of Coca-Cola...but I had to give it up as part of a new diet lifestyle thing. I'd say in a pub situation, I'd just drink water nowdays. It's a lot easier on the teeth!

There's a lovely tea I found called 'Roobusch Tea'. It's organic & caffiene free and it actually tastes nice (as opposed to other herbal type teas which smell great but taste like old flower-water). And you can put milk in it! It looks just like regular tea, and the taste is quite similar. You can get a freshly brewed pot in 'The Joy Of Chai' in Templebar, or if you prefer, you can buy a box in almost any health food shop.

Whatever you do, don't go for diet drinks! I've been reading up on this and it's quite scary stuff. If you're interested in reading more, please check out my thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055274796

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Water (adam's ale), coffee, tea. Hate soft drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Rock Shandy, Lucozade or a good cuppa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dercun

Tonic Water, Sparkling Water, Lucozade for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Lucozade!
    can't beat it!

Same here plus you get a good amount in a bottle for 2.50 not like other soft drinks.

Advertisement