Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33 and piercing?????

Options
  • 12-04-2008 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

ok, well this might be a bit odd!! im a 33 year old guy and alwas have been into piercing and ear stretching but for one reason or another never got any or did it, dont know why just put it off and never did!!! anyway im 33 now and the urge has never gone away so yea im thinking why not and im thinking of piercing and streching my ears for a start!!! only thing is at 33 i think im a bit old, like none my friends are into it so im on my own too, will people think "oh hes going through a mid life one" or "hes a bit old for that now ist he"!!!! not that i really care what people think i just dont want to make a twat of myself!!

so question, am i too old?? is ear stretching a strong statement for a first piercing??? what do younger guys on boards think of older guys with a lot of piercings?? any other thoughts

cheers all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Piercing is very individual. I got into it when I was 17. None of my friends did it, just something I felt I had to do. I go ridiculed and slagged for it.
    I regularly talk to a guy who is in his late 60's who has his nipples stretched to 1.5inches, and his lobes about the same. He only started stretching when he had retired. So no you are not too old. :)

Ear stretching is something you will really want to think long and hard about. Once you go beyond about 6/7/8mm (totally depends on the person tbh) there is no returning your lobes to their normal size without surgical intervention. Also a lot of work places don't look too kingly on stretched lobes. I have to take mine out for work every morning.

Its not exactly a strong statement in my eyes but you can make it so if you want by getting big tunnels or jewelry that stands out a lot. When stretching be patient though, its not like a normal piercing where one second you are sitting down then 5 seconds later, boom you have a new piece of metal in you. Stretching takes time and patience above all else. If you aren't willing to take your time I would not recommend it.

I'm 22, what I think of older guys with piercings? Same as any other older guy... he's older. lol

I've not other thoughts as I'm just in from a night on the town, but do pop back and ask more questions. People here are more than willing to help you out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

one of your better drunken posts, will ;)

and, jason, honestly, don't worry about it. as long as you're sure you've thought about it enough, and if it feels right for you, then do it, simple as. i got my mate his first tattoo for his 40th birthday, he's planning his second now. never too old, man! if you can get away with it at work, and you're gonna give it the time and care to heal and stretch (dont stretch too fast, there's a thread on it somewhere as to the best ways to stretch), then go for it man. i'd recommend Vpiercings under Inkwell, and Snakebite as best places to get piercings done, particularly with regard questions, and aftercare.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

33? Pah... I'm nearly 36 and still wear my piercings with pride. :D

Granted, I have quite a few less visible piercings than I used to, but I still sport stretched ears and a few other visible ones, and have no intention of taking them out anytime soon.

So, I say go for it. No such thing as being too old. :) Once you get the bug though, it's pretty hard to resist getting more. And if you're conscious of having too many visible piercings, don't worry... most of the fun comes from the ones that are less visible. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Personaly i think older people with piercing are class!
    shows they're not stiffs like!

ever seen the guy in tara street station?
    his plugs are bigger than mine! :p

so i say go for it man!
    and once you get your ears, your gonna want more
    garenteed! =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jason31

guys,

thanks for the replys and the encourgement, was great, really really helped, i guess it proves that piercing is linked with the primitive in some of us and its a want that never goes away!!

anyway, so ive decided to go with it and ive read a bit especially here on boards. so its snakebite for me and im gona get 2mm plugs to start with!!! now or never huh:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

33 aint too old, go for it!
    got my first piercing when i was 14/15 ant remember also got nothing but harassment about it for a while but people have short attention spans so they forget quickly. in my exp i always have someone say something bad about something i want to get done but screw it it aint their body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Iguana Bob wrote: »
    33 aint too old, go for it!
    got my first piercing when i was 14/15 ant remember also got nothing but harassment about it for a while but people have short attention spans so they forget quickly. in my exp i always have someone say something bad about something i want to get done but screw it it aint their body
    im -- years old and hopeing to get plugs done,na i wouldnt be ashamed at all!No need to be ashamed IMO.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

jason31 wrote: »
    guys,

thanks for the replys and the encourgement, was great, really really helped, i guess it proves that piercing is linked with the primitive in some of us and its a want that never goes away!!

anyway, so ive decided to go with it and ive read a bit especially here on boards. so its snakebite for me and im gona get 2mm plugs to start with!!! now or never huh:D

good for you! thrilled to hear it :D

if you get round to it, twould be nice to see pics when you're done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

good for you! thrilled to hear it :D

if you get round to it, twould be nice to see pics when you're done. :)

My thoughts exactly!
    And dont for get to take you time!!!!!!
    take it from me... its not worth the rush! haha

happy stretching =]]

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

jason31 wrote: »
    guys,

Nice one, have fun with it :)
    It's NEVER too late, you're never too old. Do what you want to, and say f**k you to the begrudgers! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement