Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct

Options
  • 12-04-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Folks passed down the 04 VW to me before the shipped country last year. L driver for 5 months now.

it being a 04 car it needs its NCT (?)

should i receive something through the post about this? Ive registered the car in my name and all appropriate information has been changed.

Thanks!

Comments

Yes they send you a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

so should i approach them about it? its been over 4 years now and reading on the NCT site they send the NCT letter 6 months before its 4 year birthday.

its been 4 years and 2 months!

I'd call them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Found them quite helpful. Sometimes they even suggest that if you ring back often you might get a cancellation slot at very short notice (same day/next day).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Moonbaby wrote: »
    They usually do but are under no obligation to do so. The letter is sent as a courtesy. The registered owner of the vehicle is responsible for ensuring that it has a valid NCT.

• Advertisement

thanks for the info all. got me a test for next month (not many days to choose from)

Does it take long? do i sit around or cab it home?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sit around. Test takes 25 min approx. Waiting room provided too.

thanks mr magnolia ;)

appreciate all the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Moonbaby wrote: »
    They usually do but are under no obligation to do so. The letter is sent as a courtesy. The registered owner of the vehicle is responsible for ensuring that it has a valid NCT.

Yeah, Not always. I had to ring them up this year after waiting for a letter.

Good luck OP!

Advertisement