Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Club - Galway

• 12-04-2008 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hey guys,

A few friends and I are planning on setting up an airsoft club in Galway.

Basically we know a good few people (in Galway) interested in going to G-TAC (our closest site, near Portumna) on a fairly regular basis but don't have the transport.

If there is enough interest we may also purchase around 12 airsoft rifles to rent out (we want to open the club to new comers and that seems like the best way). Rentals, if we do them, would be €15 for the day (G-TAC do rentals for €20 per day, but currently have a limited supply).

With the club a full day at G-TAC would cost €35, that is including transport and food (burgers, chicken nuggets, hotdogs and chips are provided by the Martin & Evelyn).

We need at least 20 people going to cover the cost of the bus, it holds 26. The bus will travel this route and we can stop for people along the way. How regular we organise a trip out depends on demand, anywhere from once a month to once a week.

Note that this is not a team (we will not be organising matches etc.), though members of the club are welcome to set one up.

So, post your interest here.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

dont understand the idea behind rentals ,
    ok new people want to try ,so why not just let them rent from G-TAC,
    ok as im aware they dont have a large supply of rentals ,
    but taking rentals away from the site ,isnt good in the long run
    you should encourage rentals from the site ,more income for G-TAC, means more rental aegs and better facilitys in the long run,

support the sport by supporting your local site,

i do like the ideas of clubs in gereral ,just not rentals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

I know what you mean, and believe me I have gone out of my way to support my local site. :)

One of the requirements behind the club is keeping the cost down for members, to encourage membership and regular attendance. For that reason we have gotten special group prices for G-TAC and the bus which brings the price down to €35.

We want the maximum rate, incuding rental, to be €50. Using the rental from G-TAC would push that up to €55, only €5 more but most of our members are/will be students.

While talking to Martin about the club I told him about the rental idea and he didn't mind at all. You have to remember that the club itself will bring him a lot of business.

If we can use our rentals (if we get them, there has to be enough demand) to bring new people to the sport then all the better.

Advertisement