Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€50 off Speak Easy Upgrade on o2.ie

• 12-04-2008 7:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭

Just use promo code DU50 and your mobile phone number in the Validation ID Field and you'll see the €50 discounted on the confirmation page.

So the likes of the Sony Ericsson Z320i wont cost you a thing and you'll still get €50 free credit with it or the Sony Ericsson K800i will cost you €100 with €100 free credit, not sure if you can use it more than once per customer:pac:

Order before the 11th of May.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks for that Cormie. I was thinking of getting a new phone as I have my present one for 2 years. Could you recomend a phone from the speakeasy list? Is the Sony Ericsson K800i a good phone. I have only every had Nokia phones

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

gazzer wrote: »
    ...Is the Sony Ericsson K800i a good phone...

I've had K800i for about 6 months now, and I simply love it - big high resolution screen, HQ camera, MP3 player and it looks pretty too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I only got a SE sometime last year, up until that I had Nokia, Panasonic and one or two other ones and I must say, the SE system is the best by far. Everything I ever wished the others would do, the SE does and all the annoying bits of the others, the SE doesn't do :) My mam has the SEk800i and it's pretty cool. I have the K610im I think it is, and it's very good but I might go for the K800i since it's practically free now :)

For anyone who has it, when you click "modem" on the phone compare sheet on o2.ie, the K800i isn't there, does anyone know can you connect it to a laptop to use to go online? I know you can with my k610im.

The only thing I wish the K800i would do better is record videos in higher quality, the quality isn't the best, if it was better it could be a replacement for my camera too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

I am getting an invalid promotion code on this when I try and buy

You definitely doing it speakeasy etc? Unless it's just a select few numbers:confused: I was sent a text about it yesterday and checked the code and it works for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Yes definitely tried a few numbers now and all the same invalid promotion code icon9.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

No luck here either, perhaps it's only for those that get a text from O2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

No joy here either... Invalid Verification code...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mcic

Qwerty? wrote: »
    It's asking me for a Verification vode :confused:

"This promotion requires a verification code."

It's a targeted promotion - it can only be used by the people who receive the text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

mcic wrote: »
    It's a targeted promotion - it can only be used by the people who receive the text.
    Exactly, it's only offered to those who are heavy credit users with O2.

Got the text myself yesterday.

• Advertisement

Ahw, that's a pity! I ordered a k800i anyway (I was actually planning on before so it's not an impulse buy, and it's not costing me anything anyway:pac:).

I tried, just to see, to order another phone using the code again but it said it had already been used, I then tried my mams number and a few others but no joy. Worth checking anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

not exactly true, girlfriend didn't get the text but i tried her number and it worked so happy days,

cheers cormie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Where exactly do you put this promo code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If anyone who got the code but doesn't want to use it PM me their mobile number so I can!

Raekwon wrote: »
    Where exactly do you put this promo code?

Step four of the 5 in the shop. its at the bottom of the 'payment' page.
    Do you have a promotional claim code?
    Promotional code: DU50
    Validation ID: 086*******

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Thanks

RasTa wrote: »
    If anyone who got the code but doesn't want to use it PM me their mobile number so I can!

don't need the text, just enter 086 number family or friend till it works

see post #13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mcic

davton wrote: »

see post #13

Chances are your girlfriend is on the target list and will/would have gotten the text in the next few days.

It's definitely not available to every o2 speakeasy customer now. That could could change - but right now it's still targeted to specific groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

davton wrote: »

see post #13

I've tried 5 numbers!

Chances are your girlfriend is on the target list and will/would have gotten the text in the next few days.

It's definitely not available to every o2 speakeasy customer now. That could could change - but right now it's still targeted to specific groups.

ye i understand that, thats why i used hers and not mine, but i was saying she didn't receive the text so its worth trying, how does anyone know when or if they will receive a text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Boo - tried four numbers, no go.

Thanks anyway OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you randomly try your mates numbers for the offer you may end up "stealing" their discount and they won't be able to use it when it comes to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I just tried 32 different numbers, beginning to think they cancelled this offer,
    If I am wrong and someone has a valid number I would really apreciate it, need a new phone but can't afford it.

Working perfect, just ordered.

If your not eligible why would someone give you their number?

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

if you put your credit card details in and the code doesnt work are you stuck with buying it or is there another page for final payment?

edit: tried it and code doesnt work but it just asks you to re-enter code so you can back out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

no luck, can anyone help me out with a number?

no luck, can anyone help me out with a number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Bluetonic wrote: »

Thanks Bluetonic, 7 worked perfectly for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Did everyone who got this code to work receive the text with the deal?

• Advertisement

Order arrived today,, cheers again OP

muffinhead wrote: »
    Did everyone who got this code to work receive the text with the deal?

Didn't receive the text, entered mobile number and it worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Do you have to enter your credit card details for the code to work?

I've entered the code without them, trying a few different numbers and each time it says invalid promo code :confused:. It might just be that I don't qualify :(.

muffinhead wrote: »
    Do you have to enter your credit card details for the code to work?

I've entered the code without them, trying a few different numbers and each time it says invalid promo code :confused:. It might just be that I don't qualify :(.

I would say so,, but it wont charge your card at that stage if the code works or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Duno if its been said, not arsed reading through, but guy in o2 store said i could use code in the actual store... that was on grafton st. so im gona head back friday and pick me up a fone...

Advertisement