Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callcentres in Dublin

Options
  • 12-04-2008 8:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Hey, I may be starting a masters degree in Dublin in Sept and I would be looking for part-time callcentre work to keep me going once I arrive. Any recommendations? Any places to be avoided?

Preferably not sales.

Thanks

Daithi :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Any places to be avoided?

All of them if possible. But especially the one beginning with C....yeah that one! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Joe Robot wrote: »
    All of them if possible. But especially the one beginning with C....yeah that one! :mad:

C? Could you PM me the details? I will need work though, even names of companies would be handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Where will you be living?

There are loads of call centres in East Point Business Park

http://www.eastpoint.ie/move/eastpoint.htm

It's on the Dart Line. (Get off at Clontarf and there's a bus down to the Park)

Southside, there are a fair few in Sandyford Industrial Estate, which is near enough to Luas, as is Citywest.

Check out the jib websites. Monster, loadzajobs, jobs.ie etc

You shouldn't have too hard a time find CC work tbh.

DesF wrote: »
    Where will you be living?

There are loads of call centres in East Point Business Park

http://www.eastpoint.ie/move/eastpoint.htm

It's on the Dart Line. (Get off at Clontarf and there's a bus down to the Park)

Southside, there are a fair few in Sandyford Industrial Estate, which is near enough to Luas, as is Citywest.

Check out the jib websites. Monster, loadzajobs, jobs.ie etc

You shouldn't have too hard a time find CC work tbh.

Well I am hoping to get a place in Trinity so I may end up living up the northside somewhere, maybe Drumcondra, Im not sure really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ucdgal

tns mrbi in blackrock, millward brown in jervis street, vodafone leopardstown.
    hope thats some help. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well there's a directories enquires place at eastpoint, but they don't have a whole lot of numbers or update there numbers very often so it a braindead job that turns out to be an embarrasing nightmare.

I'm only looking for one weekend day a week so something braindead would be perfect.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If you're (understandably) looking for call centre work that doesn't involve sales, your best bet is a place that only deals with inbound calls. TNS MRBI and Millward Brown don't involve sales but you still have to make cold calls asking randomers to do surveys - I did it. For a week. /shudder

Not a good sign of employee satisfaction there, but Capita is always advertising on Jobs.ie. At least it's inbound though - think Eircom use them. So it probably involves people moaning about their bill or dodgy broadband connection or whatever. My mate had a job like that in the ESB and eventually just had to walk out, but she was doing full-time hours. You'll be fine if it's only one day a week... ish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Dudess wrote: »
    You'll be fine if it's only one day a week... ish ;)

Agreed.. Having worked in a call centre full time, it's not something I'd recommend. People will verbally vomit on you when you pick up the call.

Also, the bigger the company, the more likely you are to get abused on the phone.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well there's a directories enquires place at eastpoint, but they don't have a whole lot of numbers or update there numbers very often so it a braindead job that turns out to be an embarrasing nightmare.

they are always advertising for staff and apparently they bring in a tarot card reader every week for free (that's what it says on the job advertisment) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I worked in TNS MRBI for ages in Blackrock - really handy, if you're good you'll get paid well and the supervisors are lovely

Advertisement