Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldinho agrees initial deal with AC

• 12-04-2008 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

I dont see a thread about this yet, so I'll start it. Read this on Eurosport
    Ronaldinho has agreed initial terms with AC Milan, who will now speak to Barcelona about a deal, according to the Serie A club and the player's agent.

The 28-year-old Brazilian has had a difficult few months at the Nou Camp because of injury and loss of form and a move has long been mooted.
    The forward is out for the rest of the campaign with a leg injury, although it has been suggested by a club director that he has been sidelined as punishment for an unprofessional attitude.

"In general Ronaldinho and Milan are in agreement," his agent and brother Roberto de Assis said.

Gazzetta dello Sport said a deal up to 2012 worth eight million euros (£6m) a year was in the pipeline with a few clauses to be agreed.
    Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani said: "There is a general agreement with the player. Now a deal has to be reached with Barcelona. Give us time."

Spanish and Italian media reports have speculated about a transfer fee of between 20 and 30 million euros (£16-24m) while some newspapers have talked about Ronaldinho buying up the rest of his contract at Barca.
    Milan are fifth in Serie A and in danger of missing next year's Champions League after a poor season. They were dumped out of this year's Champions League as holders by Arsenal in the first knockout round.
    Carlo Ancelotti's men have struggled to score and create goals with Brazilian Ronaldo playing just a handful of games before being ruled out long term with a knee injury.

Fellow striker Alberto Gilardino has been lacklustre and world player of the year Kaka has been far from his best.
    Despite their troubles, Ancelotti has been assured of his job next term.
    Reuters

Not really suprised by it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Didn't think he'd move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I am surprised by it, he could go elsewhere and probably go for more money (in his pocket anyway) anybody who buys him will make their money back very quickly on shirt sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

his brother said that? i'd take that with a pinch of salt. he's always been a bit of a sh*t stirrer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Not bad, I knew the fee would be about 30 million. He was bought for 25 million, so 2 leagues and a CL (as well as the countless amounts of breath taking freekicks, tricks and goals) and selling for around the same price is a good return imo.

The last 5 years in Barca's history will be known as the Ronaldinho era, not the Frank Rijkaard era. He was the signing that signified a new cornerstone in the clubs history. Will be remembered as a legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzCRmOdmXhk

Hopefully he can regain some of the magic at A.C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The guy is a different gravy, just hope that this does not distract him now when he goes about ripping apart Man U in the CL :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Wonder will this still go through if they don't get 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

It would be good to see him in the premiership but I dont think any of the top teams would want to bring him in. I dont think the Serie A would suit his style of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

PHB wrote: »
    Wonder will this still go through if they don't get 4th.

I honestly dont think they'll make 4th.

This video almost brings a tear to my eye.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DucyKT7QBt4

=P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Milan are really taking a risk with Ronaldinho. He badly needs to rediscover his motivation and get fit. See the before and after picture.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/barquisimeto/RonaldinhoBeforeAfter1.jpg

Apparently Shevchenko wants to come back as well.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=654054

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Would be strange to have a Champions League without A.C Milan in it. Would he move if they didnt qualify ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

The guy is a different gravy, just hope that this does not distract him now when he goes about ripping apart Man U in the CL :)

He's out for the rest of the season ain't he....with a phantom leg muscle injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Milan are really taking a risk with Ronaldinho. He badly needs to rediscover his motivation and get fit. See the before and after picture.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/barquisimeto/RonaldinhoBeforeAfter1.jpg

That pictures months old. He was actually looking quite lean and fit the last time I saw him play...Ronaldinho missing games , on the face of it, seem to be because of mental issues. As I've said he's out for the rest of the season, but reports were saying scans didn't pick up any injury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Nunu wrote: »
    As I've said he's out for the rest of the season, but reports were saying scans didn't pick up any injury?

BBC were saying the barca staff just had enough of his antics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

getting quite excited about Milan atm and really hope they grab 4th so that next year Ronny, Sheva, Pato, Kaka, Ronaldo who makes a great return will all grace the Champions league with the Azzuri.

and as everyone always says when someone like this oves there... its the best place for him with the Milan lab at his disposal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its been on the cards for a while now.
    Any regular viewers of Revista de la Liga on Sky would have heard all the shenanigans behind the scenes at the Nou Camp.
    Milan have been after him for a few years.
    Ronaldinho has been boozing alot this season and that seems to be his main problem.
    I'm disappointed to see him go to Milan ,it would be nice to see him in a more offensive minded team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Ronaldinho needs to realise having these brothers talking to everyone and being a fatboy party animal is all well and good when you are playing well and winning trophies.

But when times are bad and Barca are poor but in the CL SF without him then they dont need him so they dont want to fight to keep him.

Why put up with his crap when Milan will pay 25m to take him off your hands, we'll see how well Milan are at managing his & his brothers ego, if he ****s up there then maybe Man City will be the only people mad enough to take a risk on him then!

Ronaldinho ought to chat to Rivaldo about Greek football to learn what happens if you dont make it at the San Siro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

media blowing his bad form out of all proportions, stupid media i hate em all :mad:

saw him playing in November and he was terrific, scored two amazing goals against betis

in the first half he was hugging the touchline right next to my row and his footwork is just out of this world, amazing talent, i will admit he is a bit lazy and needs to be more consistent but thats always been his problem and is nothing new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Was always going to happen. His spat with some players and his non-appearance at training didn't help either.

Its up to the player himself if he wants to be the best again because he has more skill in his toenails than most players in the world have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Exactly Rossie, he's put in a few great performances in a season destroyed by injury, has 11 goals in 25 games this season and 24 in 47 last season plus all the assists on top, every team in the world would kill for that..

Its a great move for Ronni, milan lab wont be long getting him back into shape and the rest he has had this season will do his body very well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Milan beaten by Juve last night. Maybe Ronnie will be playing Intertoto with Milan instead of with Sven:eek:
    table wrote:
    1 Inter Milan 32 13 2 1 35 11 8 7 1 24 10 38 72
    2 Roma 32 13 2 1 36 17 7 6 3 22 15 26 68
    3 Juventus 32 10 4 2 30 9 7 6 3 26 21 26 61
    4 Fiorentina 32 10 3 3 29 15 6 5 5 18 17 15 56
    5 AC Milan 33 5 7 4 20 15 9 3 5 30 16 19 52
    6 Sampdoria 32 9 6 1 29 12 6 1 9 17 25 9 52

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

If Fiorentina get a result against Inter today, then it's looking really bad for Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Isn't this tapping up?

Milan should approach Barce to agree a fee before speaking to the player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nope, his contract is more than two years old and he is over 28 so Milan can contact the player directly.

Besides Milan and Barce have a really good relationship and I'd say Leporta and Berlu had agreed Milan could talk to him weeks ago.

Really looking forward to this!

Such a boost for the Rossonero if we don't get CL next year we will still have Ronaldinho and a few more heads =D

Advertisement