Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

airsoft for under 18's

• 12-04-2008 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i was looking around for a while wondering if airsoft guns were legal for under 18's and now i figuired out they are..my friends have bought a couple themselves in airsoft shops in ireland..so if anyone else was wondering then the awnser is yes.:):D:D:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

just be responsible with them please, im sure a mod will come lock this, but dont be a silly goose with them, cause youll ruin the fun for all.

and yes, all the online shops dont seem to need any age verification..

but again be responsible and remember misuse can get you into a lot of trouble.

but dont forget to have fun too :)

im sure the guys would look foward to seeing energetic enthusiasts attending skirmishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Bijingo, where abouts are you? The Part-Time Pirates are looking to recruit under 18 players. Anyone between 14 and 18 are welcome to apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Bijingo, where abouts are you? The Part-Time Pirates are looking to recruit under 18 players. Anyone between 14 and 18 are welcome to apply.

If they offer you candy from the back of a van, dont take it.

Its full of sugar and will rot your teeth.

Arcto wrote: »
    If they offer you candy from the back of a van, dont take it.

Its full of sugar and will rot your teeth.

Candy pff. We offer the chance to shoot ronan. Thats worth his weight in marshmallow:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

just be responsible with them please, im sure a mod will come lock this, but dont be a silly goose with them, cause youll ruin the fun for all.

and yes, all the online shops dont seem to need any age verification..

but again be responsible and remember misuse can get you into a lot of trouble.

but dont forget to have fun too :)

im sure the guys would look foward to seeing energetic enthusiasts attending skirmishes

Yes, indeed, you can play airsoft at most sites in Ireland from 14 up with parental consent. Please be sensible with your AEGs though.

Online shops don't need age verification because you need to have a credit card to buy, hence you'll be over 18 to have a credit card or be using your parent's card.

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote: »
    Yes, indeed, you can play airsoft at most sites in Ireland from 14 up with parental consent. Please be sensible with your AEGs though.

Online shops don't need age verification because you need to have a credit card to buy, hence you'll be over 18 to have a credit card or be using your parent's card.

I dont mean to poke holes but my 14 year old brother in the morning could walk into a shop, buy some 3Vs, create a paypal account and buy any airsoft gear they want. Also, is there any law forbidding minors from having their own credit cards? I think banks dont risk it but I've never heard of it being illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I dont mean to poke holes but my 14 year old brother in the morning could walk into a shop, buy some 3Vs, create a paypal account and buy any airsoft gear they want. Also, is there any law forbidding minors from having their own credit cards? I think banks dont risk it but I've never heard of it being illegal.

Actually since you arent an adult you can not apply for a loan or credit card due to the law not recognising you as being capable of making an adult decision regarding financial concerns. You arent supposed to be able to sign up to direct debits or get a cheque book either ... at least according to the financial regulators. How much of this operates in practice is anyones guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

to get get a 3v card you have to be 16+

and under 18s cant enter into legaly binding contracts till at least 18 years ,this includes credit card ,car loans and post pay mobile phones

Gatling wrote: »
    to get get a 3v card you have to be 16+

and under 18s cant enter into legaly binding contracts till at least 18 years ,this includes credit card ,car loans and post pay mobile phones

Ok, cheers gatling and Hive for clearing that up.

BUT, my other point still stands, a 16 or 17 year old can get 3Vs and use paypal as if they had a credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Ok, cheers gatling and Hive for clearing that up.

BUT, my other point still stands, a 16 or 17 year old can get 3Vs and use paypal as if they had a credit card.

The reason is because its pre-pay i.e debit not credit.
    Anyone under 18 cannot get credit from a financial institute.
    But yes they can buy the cards which i personally think is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I could be wrong but when I was using my 3v card i couldnt register with paypal. I was doing iit wrong or its just imposible... tried so hard

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but when I was using my 3v card i couldnt register with paypal. I was doing iit wrong or its just imposible... tried so hard

Its a new feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Its a new feature.

so are you saying that i can now use a 3v card with paypal now?

and all that time and effort was wasted about 3 months ago?

Just found it. Login to paypal. Click Profile. Click Credit Cards. Hit Add Card. Then you add it as normal and away you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I used a 3v voucher with paypal like last year so ive no idea how its a new feature

I used a 3v voucher with paypal like last year so ive no idea how its a new feature

Oh, must not be then. My mistake.

Advertisement