Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car showroom experience

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Had a similiar experience with a Fiat dealer in north Dublin who shall remain nameless. Went in on a Sat looking to test drive a 500. Looked like I was interrupting an engrossing chat amoung three sales staff, two of whom looked like they had a rough night on the Friday. They looked between them when I enquired about the 500 and delegated the task to one bloke who was texting on his phone. I stood waiting for a couple of minutes while he finished texting before he talked to me. He took me for a drive in a different model cos they didn't have the one I actually wanted. He admitted during the drive that the 500 wasn't "his cup of tea" and the car itself was in transport mode so none of the toys worked. All of which isn't the end of the world but when we get back I ask for a price against my 05 Mini (a buying signal if ever I saw one :) ). The guy doesn't look at my car, looks up a book and tosses out a number. Then one of the other guys says he'll put together a price and email me on Monday. And, as you may have guessed, that the last I heard from them. Amazing. How do these people stay in business?

The 500 is getting a new type of customer interested in Fiat but with service like that they are screwed. Having said that, I subsequently had the opposite experience in a Fiat dealer out by Kylemore Road - interested sales guy who knew and liked the car, looked at my own car, friendly service etc. Guess who I'll be buying the 500 from if I go with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

sillysocks wrote: »
    Didn't think of asking for the manager because just had no interest in staying or in even trying to buy a car there now! It looked like he was probably in charge today anyway - he was an older man, and looked like it was only him and mechanics there today, didn't see any other sales people.
    Might just drop an email off to Hyundai alright.

Just still can't get over that we wont be able to sell or trade in the car because its too new! I was expecting to get a crap trade in quote from him but not to be told he wouldn't give me anything for an '07 MINI!

a mate of mine went to get prices for his 07 car, he was thinking of trading in, when salesman heard that he wanted to trade in , the sales man said that sorry but we are up to the gills with second hand cars..

i have noticed too a local dealers , they have the same 06 car for the last 3 months..

petrol second hand cars, just arnt selling at the minute, or if they do its for stupid money..

Advertisement