Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Premiership Random Fixture Generator

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Gerrard stuck out his right foot to make contact and to try get a peno. Good call from the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gerrard diving? Couldn't be. He hates that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

When you dive for the first one your not going to get the second one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

second shout was outside the box anyway - though it should have been a free and a red.

How in the name of god did Skertel not get a yellow there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tauren wrote: »
    second shout was outside the box anyway - though it should have been a free and a red.

I'd imagine thats why the ref bottled it. Doubt there'd have been an issue with giving the free if there was a covering player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Samba has gotten away with a lot in the first half.

Good defender though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nuts...

Liverpool 1-0 Blackburn

Stevie G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ref had a shocker.

Blackburn were not offside for their disallowed goal.
    Skertle should have defo been sent off for a potentially leg breaking tackle.
    Gerrard was clearly through in that 2nd chance, clear red card and free kick.

And in general, getting lots of stuff wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

PHB wrote: »
    Ref had a shocker.

Skrtel's challenge was never a red card offence ffs... And if he gets penilised and booked for the block on Roberts then Samba should have had the same done to him when he blocked Gerrard in the second half.

Sh!t ref indeed. But Liverpool were the better team by far and deserved the victory. Blackburns midfield was pretty average for the whole game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Ref had a shocker.

Skrtel should not have been sent off are u mad.
    Did he not actually win the ball?
    Agree on the samba challenge wasnt a peno but was a red card

Skrtel tackle was a yellow card offence imo, but we have seen reds for simalar tackles this season. The inconsistency of refs means its very hard to see which tackles are red card tackles from one week to another

IrishMike wrote: »
    Skrtel should not have been sent off are u mad.
    Did he not actually win the ball?
    Agree on the samba challenge wasnt a peno but was a red card

So if Samba's was a red then how is Skrtel's not? both were the last man and prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity. I'm sure it will be argued that a defender could have covered but then it could also be argued that Gerrard had no control over the ball. No difference between the two incidents for me.

Villain wrote: »
    Skrtel tackle was a yellow card offence imo, but we have seen reds for simalar tackles this season. The inconsistency of refs means its very hard to see which tackles are red card tackles from one week to another

Compared with the Damien Johnson red card for Birmingham last week and Diaby's for Arsenal recently, Skrtels was nowhere near a red card. It was a yellow offence and fcuk all was said about it afterwards because there was nothing in it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So are Chelsea gonna trounce Wigan today?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So if Samba's was a red then how is Skrtel's not? both were the last man and prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity. I'm sure it will be argued that a defender could have covered but then it could also be argued that Gerrard had no control over the ball. No difference between the two incidents for me.

Think the difference comes from the fact that Samba fouled Gerrard 20 yrds out wheras Skrtel fould Roberts at least 40yrd out and not exactly central to the goal.
    I think it would have been fairly harsh to have put Skrtel off for it. Roberts was the only one complaining about it. As well as that, there was as much contact between Skrtel and Roberts as there was when Samba blocked Gerrard in the box in the second half, so its not as if Liverpool got away with murder with B'burn being unlucky.

Skrtle should have been sent off twice. I was talking about the horrendous tackle, that was dangerous and is a leg breaker if things go wrong.

He also should have been sent off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. There is no doubt about it. He pulled him down, and Roberts was in.

DaveMcG wrote: »
    So are Chelsea gonna trounce Wigan today?

Is it home or away??

Surely they will rest some players with Everton on thurs??

Skrtle should have been sent off twice. I was talking about the horrendous tackle, that was dangerous and is a leg breaker if things go wrong.

He also should have been sent off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Not anti pool are you??!!

I suppose pool were seriously lucky to win that game. Referee favoured them etc etc...

• Advertisement

He also should have been sent off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. There is no doubt about it. He pulled him down, and Roberts was in.
    He was very lucky for that one. I saw it as a red.

ibh wrote: »

I suppose pool were seriously lucky to win that game. Referee favoured them etc etc...

Nope, Liverpool clearly deserved to win. Gerrard was amazing.

Doesn't mean Srtkle shouldn't have been sent off twice.

ibh wrote: »

This is what sh*ts me. Why is someone immediately labelled 'anti-pool' if they question something like this?

Because in order to live in a delusion, it's important to label anybody else as biased.

This is what sh*ts me. Why is someone immediately labelled 'anti-pool' if they question something like this?
    Because in order to live in a delusion, it's important to label anybody else as biased.

TBH i was half joking with all the 'anti-pool' talk recently. But i do think that if Skrtels tackle was from say Vidic there wouldn't be a peep about it. It was a nothing incident but PHB has mentioned it twice in one page on this thread.

I mentioned twice that i though the second 'sending off' for Skrtel would be harsh, only because the referee missed a blatant push from Samba in the first half and (as i have mentioned twice already) a prettly similar contact between Samba and Gerrard in the box in the second half of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Certainly wouldn't label you as 'anti-Liverpool' based on questioning one event, but rather your comments during the game yesterday for example. Also the fact you have stated previously you particularly dislike Liverpool (and United).
    Why try and and cover it up when it suits you?

dobsdave wrote: »
    Certainly wouldn't label you as 'anti-Liverpool' based on questioning one event, but rather your comments during the game yesterday for example. Also the fact you have stated previously you particularly dislike Liverpool (and United).
    Why try and and cover it up when it suits you?

Everybody has opinions on teams. It's being able to rise above those opinions and give honest opinions in situations such as this. I also said Liverpool were excellent yesterday and fully deserved their win. Same way United deserve the league. Credit where it's due no matter what team it is.

EDIT: And actually the only thing I dislike about Liverpool is that every year they feel they have some sort of given right to the league and that every year is going to be there year. Apart from that I like Liverpool and most of their players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Everybody has opinions on teams. It's being able to rise above those opinions and give honest opinions in situations such as this. I also said Liverpool were excellent yesterday and fully deserved their win. Same way United deserve the league. Credit where it's due no matter what team it is..

Exactly, just got the vibe from your posts in the Liverpool thread during the match that your opinions were based on bias,
    but that you were trying to justify them by saying you were neutral.
    It was a feeling I got at the time.

EDIT: And actually the only thing I dislike about Liverpool is that every year they feel they have some sort of given right to the league and that every year is going to be there year. Apart from that I like Liverpool and most of their players ..

I stand corrected, apologies.

Exactly, just got the vibe from your posts in the Liverpool thread during the match that your opinions were based on bias,
    but that you were trying to justify them by saying you were neutral.
    It was a feeling I got at the time.

That's fair enough. When I say 'neutral' I mean in the sense that I don't support either of the two teams involved.
    I stand corrected, apologies.

It's no bother. I look forward to more healthy debate :)

EDIT: And actually the only thing I dislike about Liverpool is that every year they feel they have some sort of given right to the league and that every year is going to be there year. Apart from that I like Liverpool and most of their players.
    Isn't that true of the top four clubs?

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Isn't that true of the top four clubs?

The other three clubs have a realistic chance of winning the league every year. Liverpool don't imo.

The other three clubs have a realistic chance of winning the league every year. Liverpool don't imo.

I totally agree with that. I think the table at the end of the season is a fair reflection of who's better.

I get sick of listening to sh!te from some people thou who always seem to have a reason for why L'pool won a game. Watched the game yesterday with a West Ham (and very anti-Pool) fan, who insisted to me that Blackburn were shafted out of a result cause Roberts was flagged offside and Skrtel etc etc.

I also hate listening to Liverpool fans who talk bullsh!t after a defeat to make excuses. Manu game and Mascheranos sending off being the cause of it springs to mind.

I thought they did this year actually for the first time in a very long time, in fact I think with 1 or 2 signings and a new manager who's first priority is the Premiership they could win it next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

You're opening that typical can of worms my friend. I can see at least 5 Liverpool fans stating these 2 facts, 'Liverpool have finished above arsenal the past 2 years, how do they have a realistic chance of winning the league and we dont?' and 'Over the past couple of years, Liverpool have won more trophies than arsenal'..... :p

Villain wrote: »
    I thought they did this year actually for the first time in a very long time, in fact I think with 1 or 2 signings and a new manager who's first priority is the Premiership they could win it next season.

And how many 'pool fans said the same thing after the Champions League win in 2005? It's the same thing every year.

eZe^ wrote: »
    You're opening that typical can of worms my friend. I can see at least 5 Liverpool fans stating these 2 facts, 'Liverpool have finished above arsenal the past 2 years, how do they have a realistic chance of winning the league and we dont?' and 'Over the past couple of years, Liverpool have won more trophies than arsenal'..... :p

Most probably but sure it's all about opinions and I stand by mine on Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ya I know, but I still think Liverpool deserve lots of credit outside of the EPL, they continually 'giant destroy' despite being the underdog every time. Its pretty admirable to see their fighting spirit.

And how many 'pool fans said the same thing after the Champions League win in 2005? It's the same thing every year.

I didn't say it then as I said this year was the first year I said it, I'm not a pool fan but I can see the quality in their Squad, Torres is an exceptional talent and I think they could have challenged for the league under a different manager. Rafa is a great European manager probably the best around but he just doesn't get the Premier League at all.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Ya I know, but I still think Liverpool deserve lots of credit outside of the EPL, they continually 'giant destroy' despite being the underdog every time. Its pretty admirable to see their fighting spirit.

Ah yes but all we're discussing is the EPL. There's no denying they are big contenders in Europe but in the league they aren't for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Nil all at half time between Chelsea and Wigan.

Anyone know why Chelsea are playing Everton on Thursday?

It's to do with the TV or something, every team has to have so many games on TV, and Wigan had to be shown, and this slot was the only availible time, which screwed Chelsea over. Then the same thing happened with Everton, which is why they are playing on Thursday aswell.

Chelsea play with so little desire its unreal.

They are gona turn it on for 5 minutes, get a 1-0 victory, and keep plodding through.

For all the talk that comes out of them, they show none of it on the pitch. If they play like this against Liverpool, they'll get murdered.

Chelsea lining up to score, Kirkland made a great save and then Essien scored from Anelka pass

United won't be stopped now Heskey get Wigan a draw in last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 1 full time.

****ing hell yeh!!
    If we beat Blackburn, which is no easy feat, a win at Stamford Bridge would give us the title!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think you can safely call the title now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It will be intriguing to see how Chelsea respond to this because they have to play Everton on Thursday up at Goodison and they are still fighting for fourth spot so it will be a big test for them. They are badly hurt now much like Arsenal were going into the United match.

That game is going to be VERY INTERESTING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenal can finish second!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Arsenal and Chelsea on the same goal difference too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

4 points dished out tonight. Chelsea are gonna have a game on their hands at Goodison. Everton will hardly fear them

• Advertisement
Advertisement