Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Passat Coupe / Passat CC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Can't quite see what the fuss is about.

Looks like a giant dog licked an ordinary Passat until it was somewhat smoother in profile.

I'm very underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

lol it should'nt be called a coupe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

peasant wrote: »
    Can't quite see what the fuss is about.

Looks like a giant dog licked an ordinary Passat until it was somewhat smoother in profile.

I'm very underwhelmed.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Looks like just another Passat to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The sleek new model is billed as a coupe, but has a smooth four-door body

So... that would be a saloon then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Definitely a saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Would reserve opinion until ability to view in the flesh, appears to be going down the CLS route. Could be interesing, then again depends what we get here..

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4244402.html
    http://www.vw.com/cc/gallery/en/us/#/exterior/0/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Autoexpress runs with the headline VW Passat CC.
    CC = coupe cabriolet......its neither:rolleyes:

Autoexpress runs with the headline VW Passat CC.
    CC = coupe cabriolet......its neither:rolleyes:
    Well to be fair to them that's what VW have decided to call the car:).

And in separate news the regular Passat is now available with the new Common Rail 2.0 TDI engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I could also mean "cross(over)-coupe" i suppose.....I can see this car selling well here in ireland.People may see it as a rival to the audi a4 and the others in that class.Whats it gonna cost in comparison to the posh brands come july???

• Advertisement

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I can see this car selling well here in ireland.People may see it as a rival to the audi a4 and the others in that class.

+1
    Whats it gonna cost in comparison to the posh brands come july???

Well in the UK it's £1500 more than the equivalent saloon version so I guess you could work back from that, though our VRT complicates things somewhat:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I quite like, it has a poise and presence that the current Passat likes.

Nothing groundbreaking though and would still take a new C5 over it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

fabsoul wrote: »
    lol it should'nt be called a coupe.

Why not? Isn't a coupe defined by it sloping roof?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

People may see it as a rival to the audi a4 and the others in that class
    but its only got 4 seats
    car_photo_237453_25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Why not? Isn't a coupe defined by it sloping roof?:confused:

There's no real definition for a coupe, but I would consider it to be a 2 door variant of a saloon, with some exceptions like the Mazda RX8. I don't think this melted passat, or the Merc CLS look like coupes.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Mercedes has used this '4 door coupe' terminology since the inception of the CLS. The concept appears to be 'bold styling with significat practicality' & I think I have to agree, quite nice to see different variants of what one could quite easily tend to consider as popular or even negatively, common car models. BMW have the X6, Mersedes have the CLS as said earlier Mazda have the RX8 (maybe does not offer the practicality) and now VW has the CC (still think they should have changed the name, maybe even gone down the Lexus/Toyota avenue with the CC & Phateon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Was going to say the same about the CLS, i look forward to it... Don't know whether it'll sell here though, no1 seems to trust high price volkswagens, all will tell when we see how much it is:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

eoin_s wrote: »
    There's no real definition for a coupe, but I would consider it to be a 2 door variant of a saloon,
    Interestingly I've heard the '91 to '99 BMW 3 series coupe referred to as a 2-door saloon.

CLS is in my mind the ugliest Merc to date.. styled after a banana.

Advertisement