Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you like most about women?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Never having to fear intellectual superiority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

The way they're more in touch with their emotions, the way they're less concerned with having to keep a front of coolness up all the time, and the way there's usually a lot more laughter and spontaneity in conversations with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

nice legs in high heels :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

For their excellent driving skills!!!;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They're allowed to drive now? Jebus! Alert the press.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

The way they're more in touch with their emotions, the way they're less concerned with having to keep a front of coolness up all the time, and the way there's usually a lot more laughter and spontaneity in conversations with them.

Lucky you. I'm fine talking to men but useless with girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

sexy smile, and a kinky look in their eyes. :)

I am so lonely............:(

Ladies, PM me to arrange cheering me up in person :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Their soft skin especially when you are sleeping as spoons.

Ha, what age are you so, 21?! Women = sex, interesting..........! Right time for me to be off now anyway, so I can conclude that as long as I have bewbs, a roundy bum, and I smell nice, with the occasional overrational rant I'm on to a winner..........woo............I'll expect a queue of mail suitors at the door anytime soon now, oh wait, there's a knock....

Ok, I will try and defend us men. I like all of the above, plus a good personality
    nothing matters if you dont have good chemistry with the wimmens.

Women would have a good sense of humour
    Women you can talk to on all levels, ie you can take the piss and have a laugh, and still have intelligent conversation
    Women who are caring and considerate and are not stuck up

Theres more but I is lazy
    Summery:bewbs, nice ass, good smell (hygiene v. important), sense of humour, nice smile, intelligent and caring.

(in that order):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd put humour in front of bewbs and all tbh, nothing worse when someone doesn't get my witty jokes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Ok, I will try and defend us men. I like all of the above, plus a good personality
    nothing matters if you dont have good chemistry with the wimmens.

Women would have a good sense of humour
    Women you can talk to on all levels, ie you can take the piss and have a laugh, and still have intelligent conversation
    Women who are caring and considerate and are not stuck up

Theres more but I is lazy
    Summery:bewbs, nice ass, good smell (hygiene v. important), sense of humour, nice smile, intelligent and caring.

(in that order):D

What if you didn't have the last ones (intelligent and caring) - wuld you be happy with the rest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

What do I like about the wimmen?

Well, a lot of them are touchy feeley :)

They've got jugs :)

Some can have a sence of humour.

Intelligence helps but I just like those who can have a laugh and are comfortable with themselves. Have the craic as they say. Anyone who acts like my mum helps :)

And in general they are better looking than any man will ever be.

Excuse the spelling mistakes, I'm slightly drunk :)

stepbar wrote: »

And in general they are better looking than any man will ever be.

:)

Assuming you are a heterosexual male I bloody hope so!!! :D

Assuming you are a heterosexual male I bloody hope so!!! :D

Of course FFS. :mad: :) O as well I like to be able to make them laugh above anything else.

What if you didn't have the last ones (intelligent and caring) - wuld you be happy with the rest?

Ahh there the most important anyway, I was just trying to look hard in front of the interwebs. I am a sucker for a girl that impresses me with their personality before their looks if that makes sense. Sure I will notice if a girl is attractive or not, but I wont TAKE notice, unless I see some good personality attributes. :)

• Advertisement

Ahh there the most important anyway, I was just trying to look hard in front of the interwebs. I am a sucker for a girl that impresses me with their personality before their looks if that makes sense. Sure I will notice if a girl is attractive or not, but I wont TAKE notice, unless I see some good personality attributes. :)
    Of course FFS. :mad: :) O as well I like to be able to make them laugh above anything else.

Jebus! there are decent men out there afterall! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

A woman who is confident enough to be nice and is also attractive. Plus a nice Irish/Scottish accent too.:)

ASL? PM me

ASL? PM me

forgive my ignorance but... ASL?

It means you have to fellate me

• Advertisement

It means you have to fellate me

right...... :eek: eh tumbling down the ranks of esteem......!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

humbert wrote: »
    Never having to fear intellectual superiority.
    I was ready to laugh this one off, but then;
    forgive my ignorance but... ASL?
    :eek:

Only half joking. :p

ASL = Age Sex Locaion

right...... :eek: eh tumbling down the ranks of esteem......!

I kid, I kid. :)

I learn something new on boards everyday!

I'm a nice guy dont you know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Nicer than all of you over here.

/waves arms

Meh, I doubt it :)

/Me waves too

nice guy competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner takes all

I would win hands down

HANDS DOWN I SAY

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Fools! women don't like nice guys you idiots! Watch and learn guys.

*Grabs woman, pulls her t-shirt over her head and pushes her over*

Bye losers, i'm off to have tantric sex with my new 'ho.

andrew wrote: »

"Last night in bed I knocked unconscious!"
    "Tch, for like, a minute..."

• Advertisement

Your prolly right :(

yes they do! that's a myth!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

pffft the 'women like nice guys' thing is the myth!

*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

think we need a sensitive good man typical 'nice guy' post to balance out:

its natural thing you see.as a man,deep down,you hope someone else can really understand you,talk with you,know you,sharing your stories with ,spending laughs and joy together ,preferable the one with opposite sex of course.that kind of connection between a man and a woman is what i found very fascinating .

*i like the way i talk serious sh!te while i am drunk*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

YOURE a Myth!

Mirror wrote: »
    *tumbleweed*

yeah what the hell happened?

Well I married a 'nice guy' so it does happen! ;)

nice guy competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner takes all

I would win hands down

HANDS DOWN I SAY

Meh, don't know about that :)

• Advertisement

Meh, don't know about that :)

Was that a challenge?

Was that a challenge?
    Pistols at dawn then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Nice guys don't use pistols! They use pillows or gloves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Girls do like nice guys, but there needs to be more to it than just "niceness". For example, if he's boring, the girl isn't gonna go for him no matter how nice he is. I don't know, I can't explain properly. He needs to have other attributes rather than just niceness. Boring nice guys that are lacking in something invented the "nice guys finish last" myth. Then again, I would deem myself to be fairly nice per se, yet I am single; I look around and see complete arses with what I would perceive to be a good catch, so I don't really know what I'm doing wrong!! Feel free to inform me of such :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What most blokes define as "nice" doesn't always equate to what a woman may think of the term and description, when it comes to them getting horny for you. This is even truer of nice guys who may describe themselves as such.

Single nice guys definition of nice = sub sexual over emotive or over reserved, unexciting pseudo girlfriend, who doesn't quite know what he wants and is desperate to boot. They're usually indirect about wanting to get the leg over and cover that with being "nice" Women spot that a mile off and it rightfully lowers their respect for the guy. Lack of respect = turned off.

Woman's definition of nice = confident, sexual, emotionally mature and stable, considerate, exciting man who knows what he wants and is clear about same.

"Bad boys" tick the confident, sexual and exciting boxes and bypass the filters. If theres a choice between that and soppy guy why wonder why some women will go for the bad boy.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Oh yea I'm not a boob man. What I like about women is the often different angle they bring to looking at the world. That's often what I don't like in them though..... :D

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh yea I'm not a boob man. What I like about women is the often different angle they bring to looking at the world. That's often what I don't like in them though..... :D
    As they say Wibbs, "can't live with them, can't live without them!" And I think you're right about your "nice" guy theory; put into words what I was unable to do! [Due to hungoverness!]

Can't live with em, can't kill em more like.... :D

What most blokes define as "nice" doesn't always equate to what a woman may think of the term and description, when it comes to them getting horny for you. This is even truer of nice guys who may describe themselves as such.

Single nice guys definition of nice = sub sexual over emotive or over reserved, unexciting pseudo girlfriend, who doesn't quite know what he wants and is desperate to boot. They're usually indirect about wanting to get the leg over and cover that with being "nice" Women spot that a mile off and it rightfully lowers their respect for the guy. Lack of respect = turned off.

Woman's definition of nice = confident, sexual, emotionally mature and stable, considerate, exciting man who knows what he wants and is clear about same.

"Bad boys" tick the confident, sexual and exciting boxes and bypass the filters. If theres a choice between that and soppy guy why wonder why some women will go for the bad boy.

nicely put Wibbs. Although I didn't know the female and male view of 'nice guy' wa so different:eek:

Venus and Mars, eh? ;)

Can't live with em, can't kill em more like.... :D
    Quite true :) Judging by all the problems in PI, who knew relationships were such damn hard work? [And this is coming from a single girl!!!!]

To get all deep, :D the relationship most don't sort out is the one with themselves, so no wonder relationships with others go south.
    I didn't know the female and male view of 'nice guy' wa so different

Venus and Mars, eh?
    I dunno, I'm from earth myself... :D It's just my humble, but men and women are pretty much the same in 90% of things. Individuals vary way more than gender.

I do reckon that the two appear to have different strategies and expectations in the oul mating game. Evolution, biology, psychology whatever. Ignorance, confusion or conflict about those differences stops couples getting started or 9 times out of 10 is why they fail, even if they're compatible. Look at the divorce rates in various countries and that's couples who took a big step. Of the married ones left how many are really fulfilled or just sticking around from fear or obligation. That doesn't leave many truly content couples in the scheme of things. Falling in love is a doddle staying in love is the trick.

Jayzuz I should avoid the oul navel gazing in AH. I like BubbleWrap85 blame the hangover....:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement