Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 2 teaser...

Options
  • 12-04-2008 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Now this is really just fanboy baiting but I have to ask.

Am I the only one looking at the resistance 2 teaser and thinking.

*Golly*

Thats a shorter, less dramatic, more macho version of the halo 3 teaser...with not so good music.

Saying I perfer the halo 3 teaser is like saying I liked the star wars episode 3 trailer.

The game failed to deliver on what the original teaser delivered. (Much like episode 3)

So firstly I am eyeing Resistance 2 with the exact same suspicion.

Secondly bollox! It was a rubbish teaser all the same...had none of the scope of the halo 3 one.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Crappy trailer, but i reckon the game will be quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

didnt like the first one much myself and I played it in co-op.

But I'll be willing to give the second ago if the developers keep to their promise of *really really big baddies*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The Halo one was far more painful to watch because it was much longer and more drawn out. At least the Resistance one got to the point straight away and was over nice and quickly.

/doesn't like either game

/wishes Insomniac were making another platformer instead

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

As wasteful as it was, I'm still looking forward to Insomniac's next work. Quality devs, them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I liked the Halo one because of the music. But neither of them are particularly good trailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

They're both just teasers, you can't expect much from them.

The scene shown looks class though, very epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I know and didnt expect much.

I was just commenting that 1 of the 2 *halo* beaters from sony's end uses a teaser trailer that skirted a bit too close to immitating the competition.

Thought tbh the halo scene was better purely because it was framed better, so it looked more epic, the resistance one felt very squashed despite its attempt at scale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A big yawn from me. The gameplay sceneshots so far look more action packed. No matter how bad the halo 3 teaser was this one is worse.

Advertisement