Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top gear coming to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ronnie21

I manage to get two tickets eventually thismorning for the Top gear show on the saturday evening at 19.30. I filled in all my details except it didnt ask for my credit card details or any billing details. I then recieved an email saying, thank you for buying two tickets, they will be posted out to you. There was no word of payment at all, did this happen any of the rest of you's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Good Luck with that Ronnie!!

I'm heading on the launch night with the bt tickets, what times are the rest of you going? I'll post after it and let you know how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ronnie21

yea, not really sure if I will get them or not,have a reference number and confirmation email from the RDS ticket office so will wait and see I guess.

Looks like it happened to a few people on the other thread too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

yes that happened to me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Rang them up (didn't get credit card option online either) and they say payment details are missing so had to give them my credit card details.

Same seats etc! Oh well, free top gear tickets too good to be true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Does anyone know the difference between the regular tickets and the 'Platinum' tickets that I had to book?
    Better be getting something extra for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

the seats are just better....I had to get platinum as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I got my ticket (Platinum) just now, on the 28th Nov, at 7.30pm.

I turned on the computer this morning and found myself in a queue of 4,200 people! :eek: So I went to work with the computer left on and came home to find myself 1st in the queue! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

already have tickets but just called the ticket number now to see if there was any left and there was a recorded message saying that they are sold out but then when i got through to the operator I was offered single seat tickets for €110 incase anyone is looking for a ticket. you would be sitting on your own though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Does anyone have a seating plan showing platinum seats etc, can't seem to find one on the RDS website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What a rip off - the cheapest Dublin twice is over TWICE the price of the cheapest ticket for the London show!

I wouldn't give them a cent. And i'm a huge Top Gear fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leateds

Yeah i got my tickets today, it's great, was waiting for ages, i got 8 tickets for the 5pm show on Sunday which i think is the final show.:D

Is there any seating layout diagram for the shows, as in a proper numbered layout so I can see how far back I am? Helpdesk just say there's probably one on the website but can't find one!

Don't think so! I ordered bt tickets, has anyone received them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leateds

I haven't been able to find a seating chart anywhere on the site either, i would say they will probably put one up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I heard that there are cheaper tickets going on sale in a few days, probably seats up the back of the live show. Hopefully this is true because I am now looking for more tickets. I already have two platnium ones but now my friend wants to go aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

on the website it says that there are extra seats and shows going on sale next week!! Got my platinum ones so Im happy woooo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

What's the latest on tickets for this? I've no idea what the system is like.. Does it look likely at all that I could get a ticket for me and my dad? I know the site says more tickets are going on sale next week, but does that pretty much mean refresh this page every 5 seconds next week because the tickets will sell out in 2 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sandra.c

Tickets will be on sale on Tues 16th according to Top Gear live website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Sandra.c

Cant see anything about the 16th today though.

Rang them just to see if they knew anything. Said they think it isn't looking likely that tickets will be available this week so probably next week.

Doesn't know if it will be additional dates or more tickets for current dates either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Ah no way.. What to do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Did anyone notice how much these tickets are going for on ebay?? 2 platinum tickets are going for €555 and still has a few hours to go! Half thinking about selling my BT tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Whats up with Top Gear live tickets???
    They were right when they said they're gonna sell out faster than the Stig around the top gear track in the Gumpert.

I was gonna get mine today but looks like they're sold out already.
    The RDS site says there will be more tickets and dates announced next. I only hope i can manage to bag some tickets next week now!!

Whats up with Top Gear live tickets???
    They were right when they said they're gonna sell out faster than the Stig around the top gear track in the Gumpert.

I was gonna get mine today but looks like they're sold out already.
    The RDS site says there will be more tickets and dates announced next. I only hope i can manage to bag some tickets next week now!!

They didn't go on sale today, might actually be next week until they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Shamo wrote: »
    They didn't go on sale today, might actually be next week until they do.

Aah, so they didn't...
    That was a nice relief. so i shall be all up on this keeping a check to bag my tickets as soon as they go on sale!!

I checked the tickets on ebay, they're going for more than double the price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

sorry to gloat about this but I just got my birthday present, 2 bt plat tickets.

Completely forgot about the tickets going on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I dunno lads, something tells me this will all end in tears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I dunno lads, something tells me this will all end in tears.

what will end in tears

Advertisement