Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta Heating Problem

Options
  • 12-04-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks

Need some clues or pointers for my mates 2000 Ford Fiesta

In the past few days , when he turns the hot/cold air settings down to cold ,it continues to blow hot air out through the vents..

Any ideas on what could be wrong ,no matter what low setting he puts it to all he gets is warm air coming out of it

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The heater control valve is probably knackered - it's a common fault on these. I've heard of people getting them to work again by just cleaning them out but I don't know how to go about doing that.

€45 for a new one. Easy enough to change yourself (it's explained pretty well in the Haynes manual). It's on top of the bulkhead - looks like this (with two hoses connected at each end and a wire on the side).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The heater control valve is probably knackered - it's a common fault on these. I've heard of people getting them to work again by just cleaning them out but I don't know how to go about doing that.

€45 for a new one. Easy enough to change yourself (it's explained pretty well in the Haynes manual). It's on top of the bulkhead - looks like this (with two hoses connected at each end and a wire on the side).

Thanks a lot mate for the good advice, will pass on to him and hopefully get it sorted.

Advertisement