Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Laser Level in Lidl

Options
  • 12-04-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking about buying one next thursday (for 100 quid), anyone got any experience with them? I've 2 kitchens and a load of tiling to do in the coming months and hoping it'll be worth the money.

I think it's the CLE model, comes with tripod and 3m telescopic pole which fixes the unit between floor and ceiling and allows it to project perfectly horizontal and vertical lines on the walls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 c class 226

I usually run a mile from Lidl hardware. If its Stanley brand you may be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It's all made in China anyway but I'm more interested to hear views of anyone who's used one for these tasks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

my work mate got one of those Stanley laser distance meters.

We checked it at work against a tape measure. over 5 meters it was 70mm out. it was junk.

We also had a Hilti laser meter. The foreman swears by it.

checked it also. It was accurate to .5mm.

you get what you pay for.

By the way. Stanley make good block planes PZ2 tips, knifes and fat-max gear. That's it. everything else is cheap and cheerful

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Thanks for the input gsxr, the one in Lidl is this one I think and is FatMax. It's not a distance measuring device however, it's for projecting horizontal and vertical lines on walls and ceilings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

murphaph wrote: »
    Thanks for the input gsxr, the one in Lidl is this one I think and is FatMax. It's not a distance measuring device however, it's for projecting horizontal and vertical lines on walls and ceilings.

looks like quite a good tool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement