Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Two Hour history lesson - the Who

• 12-04-2008 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Sit the nippers down in front of this one next Friday at 9 pm BBC4
    Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who
    Authorized by The Who, directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Murray Lerner, and co-directed by Paul Crowder, Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who is a powerful documentary that is the definitive audio visual record of this legendary British rock band. Telling The Who's story like it's never been seen or heard before, the film also explores the development of the band today, following Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey as they record The Who's first new music in more than 20 years, and travel to the Far East for their first ever live performance in Japan.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Tape it, where I live I don't even have feckin BBC1.

Great, great band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

No BBC4 here either. You think it would be repeated on BBC2 late at night or anything? I'm a big enough Who fan. Would really like to see this. Not at all interested in what their doing now, but the early stuff would be great.

The last album was actually pretty good, definitely worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I'm a massive Who fan and I thought the Amazing Journey DVD was fantastic. Highly recommended. They dont make 'em like they used to. I can hear the 'tuts' already :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm sure it will turn up on BBC2 over the summer (ideal late evening filler).

Mike.

• Advertisement

Bump.

Mike.

This is ****e. A friend of mine is currently texting me with reports of how good it is :mad:

It was epic! :D

Really good to wallow in, Pete 'n Rog are now like an old married couple - love/hate but hey they've only got each other, so have got to get on! A few eras were rather glossed over - the whole Lifehouse period was barely mentioned which was a pity. Still a mini-series would be required to do the Who proper justice.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

Just finished watching that.What an incredible band...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Brint

Watched this on a Virgin flight a few months ago - great documentary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement