Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help

Options
  • 12-04-2008 6:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

hi posting this in the hope someone will answer my problem!!!
    bough a used
    car in nov 07,lots of problems since, firstly alloys were welded in different places,which took dealer 6 wks to replace, during which time i missed nct because of this....:mad: also told them to check out engine noise. which they didnt. got car thru nct which told me cv joint was nearly knackered but not bad enough to fail her on!!! told dealer, who said it wasnt covered by warranty.....:mad: then noise in engine got worse whih i then went into vw/audi forum which all indicated to a dual mass flywheel problem.went to several other garages in the hope someone would put in writing but no avail....... then my driver window fell into the door, regulator a goner!!!!
    back to dealer yesterday which admitted a flywheel problem but wont fix under warranty, also relay is dodgy for heater plugs,, not covered either:rolleyes::rolleyes: could some one please help on this?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

engineers report.

then soliciter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 finngalway1@yah

they (dealer) want to take her in on wed and take gearbox out to see if it is the flywheel. dont seem to have any other choice...i think they are just pulling a fast one because bcause i am a woman. anyone know if they are cvered under warranty???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

sounds like a golf...

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Let the garage go ahead & do what they are going to do as long as they agree/admit that you shall not incur any expense, you don't want them to turn around and hand you a bill for labour. Also would make clear that you will not accept them handing you back a car which comes out worse than it went in as a result of inspection/discovery basically fidling around.
    Then get an engineers report and solicotors letter if still not happy, this way the garage can not come back and declare you did not accept the offer of putting right. Good luck!

yes it is a golf. 02 gt tdi, my dream car:o:o am def not paying for any work done on this inspection on wed,its just one problem after another with it, thinking of contacting simi tomo and see if they can help!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

It's not @uto-exhange by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

HAH!:rolleyes:

Awful shame to get ur dream car and for it too be a night mare... I'd take the advice of a mechanics report and of to the solicitors. best of luck with it

HAH!:rolleyes:

Awful shame to get ur dream car and for it too be a night mare... I'd take the advice of a mechanics report and of to the solicitors. best of luck with it
    yeah but how much would that set me back??? and no its not auto exchange ha ha:eek:

been there done that!!!!! but no!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

SIMI are on the side of the dealer, remember that. Better to register the case with consumer rights, they actually have some teeth.

Best of luck tho, they all are common Golf problems.

• Advertisement

so do you think they are in the right not to pay for all work???
    or am i just kidding myself.......:(

No if the car is in warranty they have to pay for all the work.

If it was faulty and then passed out of warranty they have to pay for all the work if you can prove it was faulty within the warranty.

If they sold a defective product then you can nail them under sale of goods act, warranty doesn't apply.

Please do not take any offence but you might have more luck if you brought a male friend who knew a bit about cars and the law, sounds like they're trying to fob you off because you're a woman. Garage sounds like a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Did you recieve a written warranty ? What month did you buy the car and how long was the supposed warranty period ?

am wondering that myself... they also said that another poor customer bought a jeep off them recently and same thing flywheel.... he had to pay for parts himself!!!! he only had it 2 weeks!!!! as for warranty in writing ...
    no i dont have???:o:o he did say 1 year but am only taking it as 6 mths. first time i spoke to mechanic there was last wk all other times its been the salesman:mad:. am just so fed up at the minute i dont even enjoy getting into car any more

Right so, you have a decent claim as this falls within the sale of goods act and the warranty.

What i'd do

1. Have it out with the Garage, tell them that the goods (Car) was defective with known Golf faults (Dual mass flywheel and window regulator). More use if you have someone with you who knows one end of a car from the other.

2. Talk to the SIMI, register the grievence.

3. Log the case with consumer rights.

4. Get an AA engineers report on the car, send a copy to the garage along with a formal letter.

5. Get a solicitor to send a letter or bring the garage to the small claims court if the sum involved is below 1000euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

No written warranty. Oh dear.

I take it you also didn't get your own mechanic/independent to inspect the vehicle before you bought it then?

Two big mistakes, which could be costly indeed. When will people learn?

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but you could have avoided any of this hassle by doing two thing recommended in most publications/website/tv-shows that provide information on buying & selling cars.

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    No written warranty. Oh dear.

I take it you also didn't get your own mechanic/independent to inspect the vehicle before you bought it then?

Two big mistakes, which could be costly indeed. When will people learn?

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but you could have avoided any of this hassle by doing two thing recommended in most publications/website/tv-shows that provide information on buying & selling cars.

yeah i know,,, seemed ok at time... ill learn yet

Advertisement