Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boot lock question

Options
  • 12-04-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi all,

03 Focus van. I can't open the boot using the switch on the dash or by pressing the button on the key. The lock itself work's perfect with the key.

Fitted a new lock today thinking that was the problem, but no joy. Still the same. I have a constant live to the lock. Will this have to be programmed or something?

Any idea's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

ORVEE wrote: »
    Hi all,

03 Focus van. I can't open the boot using the switch on the dash or by pressing the button on the key. The lock itself work's perfect with the key.

Fitted a new lock today thinking that was the problem, but no joy. Still the same. I have a constant live to the lock. Will this have to be programmed or something?

Any idea's?

Sounds like the solenoid has gone,common problem on 96-00 mondeos;)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

If you have a constant live at the lock , when you press the button on the dash it should provide an earth on the other wire going into the actuator.If you have this on your car well then its the actuator.IF you dont have this , then you might have to start tracing wires back to the control until looking for breaks in the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Thank's for that.

Will try this tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

ORVEE wrote: »
    Thank's for that.

Will try this tomorrow evening.

i'm not sure of the make of car, but if the actuator in the boot lid, check the wire harness where it goes between the boot the car....

Also most cars will have some sort of interlock and the boot will not pop when the car is moving or engine is on, it might be worth check this too...

Advertisement