Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do i do now?

Options
  • 12-04-2008 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

ok, this is going to be a bit long winded........ im 21, and have recently began to accept that im a lesbian..... I knew I was a bit of a tomboy growing up, but since I was sixteen I have become more aware of my feelings towards women. I now realise that they have always been there. I have had crushes on women before but now it’s getting harder to shrug them off.
    a couple of weeks ago i told my friend that im gay and her reaction was positive, i havnt told anyone else. i only told her because i was getting really down and the thoughts of suicide were coming into my head which worried me greatly. id never kill myself, i couldnt do that to my family... i feel much better since i told her.
    But now i dont know where to go from here.... I never even kissed a woman, im living in nenagh for the next 6mths so its a fresh start of sorts .... im not ready for everyone to know yet but i would like to form some sort of relationship/friendship with someone in a similair situation or someone who has a bit of advice for me... any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ... thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Well you've started the ball rolling. You'll find that there are loads of resources for LGB people online.

Try to join some LGBT groups who meet up during the week or at weekends. If you're in college join the LGB society.

I'm not sure if this forum does meetups, but check out http://www.gaire.com

I'm in a fairly similar situation to you, where I came out to myself when I was 20, I found that joining groups and societies can ease that sense of isolation.

I'm sure there'll be more people along with much better advice than mine :)

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Royalclan

But You've come along away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Hey, I've sent you a PM

Advertisement