Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find this gfx card?

Options
  • 12-04-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to point me at a site to buy another one of the gfx cards in my sig.

It's a BFG 8800 GTS OC2 640MB - this one

I can't find any site on-line still selling it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

SwampThing wrote: »
    Anyone able to point me at a site to buy another one of the gfx cards in my sig.

It's a BFG 8800 GTS OC2 640MB - this one

I can't find any site on-line still selling it.

Cheers.

It's very unlikely you will since that's the original 8800GTS which has since been replaced by the GTS SSC (sometimes called the GTS 512) and they haven't been produced for the last year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-087-OK&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=927
    This isnt the BFG one but would do fine if your goin SLI. You dont need identical cards for the 8xxxx or 7xxx series of cards!

Should be bout €150 delivered. These cards were EOL'D a good bit back so if your thinkin of getting one get it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Thanks skuzzb, but that's not the over clocked one.

extra - living up to your name - cheers that's great!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

You thinking of going SLI? Probably better off selling your current one and buying a 9800GTX or 9800GX2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

If you are dead set on going SLi, then your best bet is to buy a reference board and run the SLi setup at the stock speeds.

You can get a 640 for €130 excl. del off OCUK.

However, I would be tempted to start from scratch like conzy says. A new 9800GTX can be got for about €260 off OCUK and €285 off HWV.

Why you wanna upgrade? What res you normally game at? That 640 should still be able to handle most games (I would say that if this is a Crysis motivated upgrade, no game is worth the €€€ some people are shelling out on new hardware for it!)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Theres a 9800GTX on HWV for 247 euro! :)

SLI 8800GTXs is another option, they are only 204 on OcUk now for decent XFX models...

And SLI 8800gt(s) are as good / better than 9800GX2 for as little as 150 euro each..

But seen as you dont have a SLI mainboard a single 9800GTX or 9800GX2 are you best options

I sold my 8800gts 640 for 200 euro around 2 months ago so you should still be able to get decent money for yours

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

conzy, do you have links for thos - I can't find cards for the prices you've quoted on ocuk anywhere.

I stupidly bought a maximus formula without knowing if it supported sli - whcih is something I always had in the pipeline. I'm not really chasing fps in any particular game - it's just something I'd like to try.

The card extra_ordinary pointed me at on eBay - I couldn't buy it because the seller hadn't listed a postage price for Ireland and despite several attempts to get him to, I come in this morning to find he's saying he's sold it - even though it's still listed on eBay.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I'll change my motherboard (was looking at this - http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?quicklinx=4XJ5) and add another one of the cards I'm looking for. What d'ya think?
    I think it's a decent card and I'd rather not have to buy two new cards.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement