Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese people's protest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

MasterSun wrote: »
    and the parade went through peacefully, not even a single incident occurred.
    Compare it to the Love Ulster parade in Dub,
    Does it tell us something?

it means it was 2 comedians running around with a banner having a laugh. you can't actually be serious in comparing the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LCI

Pro C wrote: »
    That's one of the key thing the Western or the Irish have to understand,

in your democracy domain, you may have more rights than what we have in ours,

but the thing is you are happy with what you have and most Chinese enjoys what we have,

And here is the question what borders you people?

I cannot see your point. Do you want to say "there are western democracy and eastern democracy"? Democracy is relating to country and citizens. Local Chinese Irish have the same rights as other citizens. We cannot vote to the US. So what is your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

it means it was 2 comedians running around with a banner having a laugh. you can't actually be serious in comparing the two?
    I wonder what if 2 English comedians are having a laugh of running around on O'Connell street with an banner says Love England, what would happen to them?

You logic of debate is a complete disaster.

Other people cannot make a rally in china while you can do it here. So what is your logic?

I wonder what if 2 English comedians are having a laugh of running around on O'Connell street with an banner says Love England, what would happen to them?

mate of mine who grew up in England used get a notion and do stuff like that. poor guy, we never did find out what happened to him...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Pro C

So, let us just talk about the Ulster's parade in Dublin then, do you take much proud out of it?

LCI wrote: »
    Other people cannot make a rally in china while you can do it here. So what is your logic?

Well you force yourselves into a corner to allow us to.

mate of mine who grew up in England used get a notion and do stuff like that. poor guy, we never did find out what happened to him...

hahahhaa

So, let us just talk about the Ulster's parade in Dublin then, do you take much proud out of it?

You come to my example: The Japaness people in Beijing.

yeah, it was the best day of my life. so proud to see them unionists being put in their place, i shed tears of joy...

• Advertisement

yeah, it was the best day of my life. so proud to see them unionists being put in their place, i shed tears of joy...

Good to know, I reserve my opinion on that as I don't know much about it.

Well you force yourselves into a corner to allow us to.

I really cannot see what you are talking about here. You can do whatever you want as long as the law allows you according to your visa for study.

Is this everything?

I cannot see your point. Do you want to say "there are western democracy and eastern democracy"? Democracy is relating to country and citizens. Local Chinese Irish have the same rights as other citizens. We cannot vote to the US. So what is your point?

You are having a mess here,

in China, there are lots can be decided by its people'

of course there are western democracy and eastern democracy, what are you thinking? we all have our own value systems, it is not a global village yet?

were u in Dub at the time?

You come to my example: The Japaness people in Beijing.

So funny, what happend to them?

What's your example? don't assume what Japanese people do in Beijing and ask me to assume what Chinese government will responde, tell me what have happened, I will explain it to you.

You can't just make it up out of thin air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cahalfinbarr

So you see Pro C. It is not just Chinese that have no right to their opinion. In our democracy Irish people cannot march peacefully in the capital city because they have different political views. Remember of course that Christ was jeered and spat upon in Jerusalem, just as Pearse and the men of 1916 were jeered and spat upon in O'Connell street.

I really cannot see what you are talking about here. You can do whatever you want as long as the law allows you according to your visa for study.

Is this everything?

Of course you can't, I have said you have problem with your logic.

To help you to understand a bit more: I said "you forced yourselves into a corner to allow us to", which was linked back to what you said as the Chinese can enjoy protest here. Do you get me now? If you don't allow us to protest, where is the human rights here?

A bit of private info for you, I am not here to study. That was done long time ago, I am here to take experience and money for building the future of our country.

were u in Dub at the time?

God no, can't stand the place.

edit: i also think some people may need to turn their sarcasm detectors on? or maybe it's just the hour... :confused:

So you see Pro C. It is not just Chinese that have no right to their opinion. In our democracy Irish people cannot march peacefully in the capital city because they have different political views. Remember of course that Christ was jeered and spat upon in Jerusalem, just as Pearse and the men of 1916 were jeered and spat upon in O'Connell street.

Then that's the question, if you have no right to your opinion why keeping such a close eye on us? We kind of struggle to understand?

You are having a mess here,

in China, there are lots can be decided by its people'

of course there are western democracy and eastern democracy, what are you thinking? we all have our own value systems, it is not a global village yet?

Tell me: what is eastern democracy? Is there a voting system? What is it alike? Have you ever taken part in a voting? Where are the candidate list from? One to One? Decided by CP?

Do not think nobody knows anything about the Chinese political system. Do please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ilikerei

1 For Japanese people doing that is a suicide mission. Why is not it the same for Chinese students in the US? Please think about the deep reasons.

Do you really think China aggressed US and then tried to reject the truth?

If not, why is it the same?

Tell me: what is eastern democracy? Is there a voting system? What is it alike? Have you ever taken part in a voting? Where are the candidate list from? One to One? Decided by CP?

Do not think nobody knows anything about the Chinese political system. Do please.

Vote is not the only factor to define democracy in the east, we are not americans just to let you know. There are representitives from local village, town, district, city and provience to attend the general assmbly to vote our leader

you obviously is one of them knows nothing about Chinese political system.

Oh, by the way, what happened to the Japanese people, actually?

Of course you can't, I have said you have problem with your logic.

To help you to understand a bit more: I said "you forced yourselves into a corner to allow us to", which was linked back to what you said as the Chinese can enjoy protest here. Do you get me now? If you don't allow us to protest, where is the human rights here?

A bit of private info for you, I am not here to study. That was done long time ago, I am here to take experience and money for building the future of our country.

What are you talking about? I have already made very clear in the very beginning:

1 As long as the law allows you according to your visa for study or working.

2 You do NOT have the same rights as a citizen.

Is this clear?

Vote is not the only factor to define democracy in the east, we are not americans just to let you know. There are representitives from local village, town, district, city and provience to attend the general assmbly to vote our leader

you obviously is one of them knows nothing about Chinese political system.

OK. I see. Glad to know you have a democratic country.

just wanna to clear the historic fact
    are u sure it happened on O'Connell street. plus it was not called O'Connell St. at the time.
    I thought they were jeered on the docks.

don't think any ordinary citizen would have the guts to walk near GPO after the gun fight.

What are you talking about? I have already made very clear in the very beginning:

1 As long as the law allows you according to your visa for study or working.

2 You do NOT have the same rights as a citizen.

Is this clear?

1. No, you did not say "working", don't try to change it now, too late, as I have already quotoed, you can't change what I have quotoed on thread #198.

2. Did I say I have or I want the same rights as a citizen? quoto it if you better can? I said you have problem with you logic, you just don't believe.

But you don't need to be a citizen in this country to protest or demostrate.

1. No, you did not say "working", don't try to change it now, too late, as I have already quotoed, you can't change what I have quotoed.

2. Did I say I have or I want the same rights as a citizen? quotoed if you better can? I said you have problem with you logic, you just don't believe.

But you don't need to be a citizen in this country to protest or demostrate.

Do not think I talked to you in the very beginning. What I said was to students. Find where you quoted my post.

It doesn't matter you are syudent or working here. You can do whatever the law allows you. However, local media has the right simply ignore your protest.

End of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ilikerei

Do not think I talked to you in the very beginning. What I said was to students. Find where you quoted my post.

It doesn't matter you are syudent or working here. You can do whatever the law allows you. However, local media has the right simply ignore your protest.

End of the story.

Has the right does not mean fair, isn't it?

End of the story.

I can see something really funny here,

1. In a debate we all can choose who we talk to, it is my choice,

2. You are not an Irish but tried to be, well, you just have to work a little bit harder for another few years,

3. You have particular problems with the students here, are they causing you headache?

4. When you end your debate by avoiding the questions raised to you, it means you are a loser,

5. You still haven't told me what happened to the Japanese? You raised it up, didn't you?

P.S. piece of advice, when you lost a debate, don't say end of the story.

• Advertisement

I can see something really funny here,

1. In a debate we all can choose who we talk to, it is my choice,

2. You are not an Irish but tried to be, well, you just have to work a little bit harder for another few years,

3. You have particular problems with the students here, are they causing you headache?

4. When you end your debate by avoiding the questions raised to you, it means you are a loser,

5. You still haven't told me what happened to the Japanese? You raised it up, didn't you?

P.S. piece of advice, when you lost a debate, don't say end of the story.

1. Already told you I talked to STUDENTS in the very beginning. You can join the talking at any time of course. However, please do not make false statement that I have said you are a student.

2 What do you mean I am NOT an Irish? Do I have to show you my passport? What is your point?

3 Talking about "students" simply because they are guest to Dublin. Any problem here?

4 Simple because you lost your point.

5 Go back and read my post.

You completely lost your way by talking about irrelevant issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement