Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aircraft mechanic apprenticeship

Options
  • 12-04-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

does anyone know if there is any other companies that will take school leavers other than shannon aerospace for apprenticeships in ireland?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

sr technics, city jet, air atlanta, aer arann all do apprenticeships aer arann are recruiting now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mr.miagi

thanks ill look into those
    i have already applied to aer arran

have you applied to aerospace?

im just waiting for a reply
    well i need ta do my leaving cert first
    but the letters informing me about it told me ta apply may/june before my exams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Air Atlanta are recruiting at the moment

• Advertisement

thanks but i'd rather stay in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

mr.miagi wrote: »
    thanks but i'd rather stay in ireland

Air Atlanta is in Shannon!!!:D

on the website it says nothing
    ill contact them

they are looking for qualified and experienced people
    i want apprenticeships

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

they are looking for qualified and experienced people
    i want apprenticeships

Atlanta are offering an apprenticeship programme. Link below. The only thing is, deadline for application is down for Friday gone by. Print off the application and stick it in the post tomorrow morning. They might accept it.

http://www.shannonmro.com/careers.html

• Advertisement

is it true that some mechanics get sponsored for a cpl???
    i have heard of it happening in 2/3 differnt cases

they ended up as 1st officers

good luck with your leaving cert and any luck with any of those places i mentioned

thanks
    yeah i got called yesterday from aer arann
    im going on friday for an apptitude test in there head office down at dublin airport

good luck with that aswell

thanks, im confident ill do well
    i came up tops wen i dun d dats in skul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

wen i dun d dats in skul

Being able to write in English would also be a
    prerequisite!!

wel wen im on d computer i go nta txt mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Not here you don't.

Use your full keyboard on boards, for your own benefit as well as that of those who have to try and decipher what you're trying to say.

ok well im kinda new to this,:rolleyes: so il try and keep that in mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Publius Scipio

Not here you don't.

Use your full keyboard on boards, for your own benefit as well as that of those who have to try and decipher what you're trying to say.

And be sure to click your heels together and scream "Heil Hitler" too. Get over yourself RoundyMooney. Or should I say, gt ovr urslf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

hey publius i officially got that and starting on may 12th, delighted, but I made the stupid mistake of thinking it was gonna be apprenticeship wages, but its only fas training allowance, meaning that money wont go up after a year. Im gutted but what can ya do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Ryanair are also looking for apprentices at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Publius Scipio

Roundy mooney. Do you seriously think that it bothers me one tiny bit that you have made a complaint to your Mammy about the big bullies on this site? Not only are you a pompous ass, full of your own self importance at being a Moderator on a ****ty little fenian website, but you are also too much of a little prick to take even the slightest criticism meant only in jest. I bet your life is spent in mutual masturbation with your brothers while thinking about your sister when she was a baby. The internet is about being able to say what you want, when you want, how you want to say it. You, sir, are a cock of the highest order and should be shot with a ball of your own ****. Go running to your Mammy with that, you pansy.:D

PS. Zig well done on your acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Try Luftthansa Technic in Rathcoole www.ltai.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

zig wrote: »
    hey publius i officially got that and starting on may 12th, delighted, but I made the stupid mistake of thinking it was gonna be apprenticeship wages, but its only fas training allowance, meaning that money wont go up after a year. Im gutted but what can ya do!!

Yeah in most apprenticeships its do a year on the job, then head to FAS.

With A/C it seems they send you to shannon straight away then back to on the job training.

So it goes phase 2, phase1, phase3, phase 4 etc

The FAS allowance is quite good, better than your phase 1 or phase 3 basic wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 samantha sanson

how or where or what do you do to register for an apprenticeship in aircraft engineering... coz iv been looking around for weeks and i cant seem ta figure it out please reply asap thanks

Send a letter and your CV to maintenance companies and airlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Canberra man

does anyone know if there is any other companies that will take school leavers other than shannon aerospace for apprenticeships in ireland?????

Try the Royal Air Force if you don't mind leaving home and a bit of discipline. They take school leavers as apprentices. They do a full grounding in electrics, instruments, engines and airframes.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

is it true that some mechanics get sponsored for a cpl???
    i have heard of it happening in 2/3 differnt cases

they ended up as 1st officers

No, although it might have been true at one stage long ago. What you might have have heard of is Engineers, (not mechanics) who trained to be pilots at their own expense and then got to fly for their employer. Sponsorship is virtually extinct.

Be careful with apprenticeships if they only lead to internal company qualifications. What you really need if you want a decent long term career is to become a JAR licensed Aircraft Engineer. That way you can move around companies. Find out if they encourage that.

If not you might be better off going to a technical college and train as an Licensed Engineer after you leave school.

• Advertisement

Its EASA not JAR that hold all the qaulification authority these days old timer.:p

Advertisement