Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I switch from DLS to Metro

Options
  • 12-04-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭

I'm currently with Digiweb DSL Extra 3mb €39.95 pm.

Should i switch to METRO HOME 6mb for €34.95 pm since its twice as fast and cheaper?

Is there any disadvantage to wireless over DSL like online gaming etc?

Would they allow me since they'll be losing €5 pm if i switch?

Thanks,
    Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I suspect they would not be disadvantanged by you switching :)

Wireless products vary considerably. Generally for Gaming Metro is as good or better than DSL, but it can depend on location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Right now it depends on what you do more of gaming or downloading, DSL is more likely to be rock solid no matter the weather and I think it gives more consistent pings also. Your DSL connection should be upgraded to 7.6 m/bit in the summer for free so it should be worth the wait. Digiweb will make more money off you if you switch to their metro product, so I'm sure they will want you to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Thanks Praetorian appreciate it.

Think i will wait for the dsl upgrade.

Advertisement