Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Mc Donald's restaurant on the Gort road, best thing to hit Ennis in recent years.

• 12-04-2008 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I cannot wait till Mc Donald’s open on the Gort Road on the former Shields Garage site in Ennis. One can now have a decent breakfast and cup of coffee in the morning with a look at the complimentary Indo.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

decent breakfast?

restaurant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

ditto!
    JDs in the market for brekkie hands down, unless it has been closed down in the last few months and nobody told me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's been tough to get a decent breakfast in town since Gracies closed, oh the Banner Breakfast would be nice now.

The Barge Rooms does a nice breckie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I cannot wait till Mc Donald’s open on the Gort Road on the former Shields Garage site in Ennis. One can now have a decent breakfast and cup of coffee in the morning with a look at the complimentary Indo.:)

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I would not go to Mc Donald's for it, a bowl of cornflakes would even be better than the cr-p they serve.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Will be good for the people of Ennis and the surrounding areas but not for nutrional reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I can never eat first thing after getting up so I'm not a big breakfast eater.

MacDonalds coming to town can only be a good thing, there are way too many chippers around anyway, so having a chipper come in that is doing a big push on healthy eating is good to me, not to mention all the extra jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

When does it open anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Why the shell can't you have brekkie at home instead of feeding the corporate machine that is Mackie D's?

On a more serious note, I hate McDonalds, so I will never go in there. And as I go to school in Flannan's, I won't be dragged along by my friends at lunch time, cos it's on the other side of town. Best part of its location imo. But from what I hear, twill be popular, unhealthy as cancer and all as it may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Best breakfast in Ennis by a country mile is The Food Emporium near Tescos. TJ who runs it along with a catering company and he's a total legend. Everywhere else uses cheapass rashers and sausages instead of decent stuff.

They should keep McDonalds out. Their stuff is muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Best breakfast in Ennis by a country mile is The Food Emporium near Tescos. TJ who runs it along with a catering company and he's a total legend. Everywhere else uses cheapass rashers and sausages instead of decent stuff.

They should keep McDonalds out. Their stuff is muck.

That guy makes the nicest chicken goujons in the entire world, they are so delicious. His apple tarts are class too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

finbarrk wrote: »
    When does it open anyone?
    The sooner the better and I hope it opens late Sat night, I would rather get a taxi out there than Q for hours for the late night muck they dish out on Abby St and around the Height. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Is this open yet?

finbarrk wrote: »
    Is this open yet?
    Not yet :mad:

I think its going to be built on the former Shields offices.

Roll on the day. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

The best breakfast in towne is across from Carrig Don - dunno what the name is now they changed it a couple times in the past few years - was Beullys (sp?).

A full Irish breakfast for like €8.

CptSternn wrote: »
    The best breakfast in towne is across from Carrig Don - dunno what the name is now they changed it a couple times in the past few years - was Beullys (sp?).

A full Irish breakfast for like €8.
    Had a mini breakfast there the other day for a fiver, it would be the equiviland of an normal breakfast anywhere else.

Advertisement