Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPT Grand Final Monte Carlo

• 12-04-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

The latest from the Irish contingent:

Michael Trimby's Trips Terror

Northern Irish man Michael Trimby who final tabled a World Series of Poker tournament last year was spotted at the rail looking extraordinarily glum. A few expletives later we get to the bottom of the story.

"I ran into trips four hands in a row," he groaned. "Absolutely unbelievable. The first time i had A-K on a K-Q-4 flop and the guy had queens. The very next hand i got A-K again and the flop was K-J-6 and the guy had jacks. Then about 10 minutes later, blind on blind, with 33 Vs 66 and the flop was 10-6-3 then the hand that did me was trip quees. Its hard to believe except is...." he trailed off, shaking his head.

Some other chip counts:

Thomas Fougeron 31,400
    Barry Greenstein 6,850
    Peter Gould 12,400
    Josh Gould 31,500
    Andreas Krause 4,750
    Jeff Lisandro 6,525
    Rolf Slotboom 14,400

Also Peter Roche is going strong. Here's a post from earlier:

Peter Roche from Dublin is no stranger to going deep in tournaments having made both a World Poker Tour and World Series of Poker final table as well as finishing 18th at the PokerStars.com EPT San Remo tournament recently.

Primarily a cash game player, Roche was moaning before the start of the tournament about the long days ahead. “I hate these things,” he said with a half smile. “You have to get massages,” he noted, referring to the obvious back pain he suffers during the long sessions.

At the second break he reported losing a large pot which would have left him with over 40,000 in chips. His opponent “player the hand really badly out of position” but managed to out-flush Roche on the river with AK to Roche’s made Queen-high flush.

The Irishman was philosophical though. “I got lucky earlier,” he said with a shrug of his shoulders. With 22,000 in chips he’s not doing to badly still.

Englishman John Kabbaj was rather nonplussed about his progress, or lack of it. While he was just below average with 16,000 in chips he confided he’d had a late night due to being unable to sleep after watching the golf on TV. He looked fresh enough though and having cashed three times previously in EPTs including a final table in Barcelona, he’s a good bet to last the distance today.

Check out the action at cardplayer.com as i'll try to post where possible on the progress of the Irish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Marcel Luske must be multi tabling

Stephan Kjerstad 100K
    Johnny Lodden 90K
    Shaun Deeb 80k
    Sorel Mizzi 65K
    Asa Smith 57K
    Peter Roche 53K
    Maxime Villemure 52K
    Marcel Luske 48k
    Mel Judah 48K
    Andreas Torbergsen 47k
    Nicolas Levi 42k
    Christoffer Ståhle 42k
    Anthony Chatelain 40k
    Thomas Fougeron 40K
    Jason Mercier 38K
    Thomas Wahlroos 38K
    Josh Gould 35,550
    Thierry van den Berg 35k
    Freddy Deeb 35K
    Jan Heitman 33K
    Trond Erik Eidsvig 32k
    Anna Wroblewski 30K
    Carl Olson 30K
    Bill Edler 28K
    Gino Alacqua 27K
    Jan Olav Sjåvik 26k
    Marcel Luske 25K
    Ryan Daut 22K
    Andreas Sarling 22k
    Jan Heitman 18k
    Josh Arieh 16K
    Patrik Antonius 15K
    Ted Lawson 14K
    Thomas Brolin 12k
    Tobias Persson 12k
    Martin Wendt 11k
    Eli Elezra 10K
    Andreas Hagen 9k
    Steve Stolzman 9K
    Chris Björin 9k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Hope Rochey does well. Hows dagunman getting on? Cant see his name in the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

Shane Reihill in top 10 and Peter Roche just out side of it.

Just poker to Paul Leckey on the way into the venue.

Fingers crossed for the guys today.

b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Goooooooooooo Stevie TID m8

Stephen Devlin 27100

gl to all the other irish still in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

bohsman wrote: »
    Hope Rochey does well. Hows dagunman getting on? Cant see his name in the list.

He was doin well in the SE last nite i think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He was doin well in the SE last nite i think :)

Probably shooting over to Monte Carlo this morning by helicopter then. ;)

Advertisement