Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on K-Cube AEGs

Options
  • 12-04-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey i saw recently a nice lookin aeg on airsoft global

K-Cube EO-2 model SCAR

Ive never heard of this company before are they any good?

Here are some specs

Its quite a bit cheaper than other SCAR replicas (its 120 $ versus about 300$ for others ive seen
    the body is nylon fiber and abs (good?)
    It has 4 rails which i like and uses standard m16 mags whih sounds convenient

the power is 330 fps and it has a metal gearbox and sights

Any advice would be awesome thanks!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

looks like it is the JLS version http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=JLS-AEG-SCARE02A_cat_JLS%20AEGs , airsoftglobal have a habit of renaming clone products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭eagleye7

any advice on JLS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the JLS ones are pretty cheap, really low quality in them but id say there pretty usable.,
    the plastics on them are very shiney and the metal looks worn, have a look through "bullets" posts, he put up some pics and a review of it not long ago.,

hey guys thanks ive read the review that bullets did and it didnt seem all that great.
    so i went and looked at eirsoft and found 4 great lookin guns:

Double Eagle UMP
    DBoys M4 S-System
    Dboys M4 CQB SD (Metal)
    Jing Gong Heckler & Koch G36C (G608)

Ive read the reviews and they all seem pretty good this will be my 1st AEG so is there something to watch out for about these.
    And finally is it worth buying the UMP.in real life its meant for CQC so will be outranged by rifles will the same be true do ya think of airsoft?
    Thanks a mil!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

You can't go wrong with the JG G36C it seems, Great looks, tough and accurate. Haven't seen a bad review yet tbh

yeah i hear ya.
    i kinda wanted to save the G36c until i could buy a good quality TM one cos its my favorite gun so i dont want to buy a JG one only then to upgrade later on to exactly the same style.

eagleye7 wrote: »
    hey guys thanks ive read the review that bullets did and it didnt seem all that great.
    so i went and looked at eirsoft and found 4 great lookin guns:

Double Eagle UMP
    DBoys M4 S-System
    Dboys M4 CQB SD (Metal)
    Jing Gong Heckler & Koch G36C (G608)

Ive read the reviews and they all seem pretty good this will be my 1st AEG so is there something to watch out for about these.
    And finally is it worth buying the UMP.in real life its meant for CQC so will be outranged by rifles will the same be true do ya think of airsoft?
    Thanks a mil!!

I like the UMPs myself, and they'll be as good for rof and range as most AEGs, the quality in the gearbox isnt as good as others though, it uses the version 3 box, the same as the G36c but the JG is higher quality.

the M4 S-system is a good gun but it needs tightening up every now and then.,

the CQB is really nice, its pretty compact and feels nice and solid with decent weight to it, there pretty reliable too and easy enough to strip.

the JG G36c is pretty much the out right favourate though, its more reliable than all of the above, its more compact, (folding stock) and the range and ROF is a bit better than the others too, its really easy to strip and they can take a lot of abuse without every having a hicup.,
    yeah i hear ya.
    i kinda wanted to save the G36c until i could buy a good quality TM one cos its my favorite gun so i dont want to buy a JG one only then to upgrade later on to exactly the same style.

To be honest the JG one is probably better than the TM one, its a lot better than the CA for sure.

Hey thanks that really helps looks like now i just have to make a decisionand that could be quite hard
    Thanks for all your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

any advice on JLS?

Not great poor quality finish. The top RAS/RIS rails are smaller than standard and anything I tried to mount would either not secure at all or be very loose. Better clones are available e.g. JG G36c JG steyr aug for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Jing Gong Heckler & Koch G36C Great bit of Kit.
    I want a DE UMP but they appear to be forever out of stock!!!

JLS scar stay well clear of! Crap! Im only sorry I did not buy
    the Tan Coloured one just to brighten up my collection.

~B

the tan one looks very fake though, really shiney cheapo lookin plastic like on my FN200, you'd be better off geting some tan krylon from MIA and painting the one ya have.,

Advertisement