Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken washer/dryer

Options
  • 12-04-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭

hey guys,

i have an ariston cde129 w/d combo.
    it appears to have broken down half way thru the cyle.
    there is water in the drum with my clothes in, the door wont open. even when the power is off.

how do i fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 grinderstone

Hello,

well if you haven't got it sorted yet,try this.

You'll have to pull out the washing machine from under the counter etc to get at the drain hose. I know it'll be difficult to do so with the door closed as you have nothing to hold onto,but persevere and try to push machine one side at a time ie push the front of machine to the right,then push it to the left. Slowly you'll be be able to bring it out. ( I don't have a diagram to explain this part but you should get what I'm trying to explain).:D

So........after much huffing and puffing you will eventually have machine out and can get at hose.

Just to be on the safe side ALWAYS unplug the machine.

Then remove the end of hose from pipe attached to wall and (btw,you'll need a bucket/basin for this part) lay the end of hose close to the floor with the open end towards the bucket.

Gravity will then cause the water in machine to flow into the bucket. To stop bucket overflowing just lift up the end of hose to the top of machine and water will stop-if you need to empty bucket.

Then repeat above until no more water comes out of machine. Wait a few minutes for door to unlock before trying to open door.

NB Always empty bucket of water down the toilet- NEVER pour it down sink as bacteria etc,however thats your perogotive.I don't do it in my gaff!

To end,put hose back into pipe on wall and shove machine back to original position.

Hope that helps.

:D

Advertisement