Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 08?

Options
  • 12-04-2008 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

So whats the plan???
    Where is the party at??
    Any recommendations for travelling across europe??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

The party is in Kilkenny my friend!!:p Just kidding!! Many parties to attend and many drinks to be drunk this summer!!:D:D Inter-railing has been recommended to me by a couple of people..judging by the stories they told me it's a trip of a lifetime!!

I've been railing twice now! Places to go are Budapest, lake Bled (slovenia), Munich, Krakow (GO THERE!!) and Rome!

I'm off to Boston for 4 months to hang with plastic paddies who will tell me all about the troubles! Hurray! After that moving straight up north to Toronto for the year to study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I've been railing twice now! Places to go are Budapest, lake Bled (slovenia), Munich, Krakow (GO THERE!!) and Rome!

I'm off to Boston for 4 months to hang with plastic paddies who will tell me all about the troubles! Hurray! After that moving straight up north to Toronto for the year to study!

I lol'd:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

I've been railing twice now! Places to go are Budapest, lake Bled (slovenia), Munich, Krakow (GO THERE!!) and Rome!QUOTE]

Have you been to Serbia? The people I was talking to said that itwas very scary. People would just stare at them and shout stuff, they left after one night. Think it was Serbia anyway...or Montenegro....:confused:

BlackMamba wrote: »
    I've been railing twice now! Places to go are Budapest, lake Bled (slovenia), Munich, Krakow (GO THERE!!) and Rome!QUOTE]

Have you been to Serbia? The people I was talking to said that itwas very scary. People would just stare at them and shout stuff, they left after one night. Think it was Serbia anyway...or Montenegro....:confused:

No, never been! Went to Croatia and passed through Bosnia. I would avoid Serbia at the moment. Europeans (western Europeans) may not be too liked after our support for the Kosovo split. Having said that, I have heard no bad things about Serbia at all from people I met traveling. Besides, there are plenty of other places to go if you're nervous about it!

Also, Croatia is beautiful and the women are unreal! Seriously, the majority of them "a left nut" scenario....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im getting my archaeology on this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm going to be in Washington D.C for the summer, woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Canada. Going to wrestle some polar bears in Churchtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

With any luck, getting some full time work........ then possibly interrailing in August. Not sure though! Just gonna keep saving and keep my options open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

got an amazing part time job for the summer:Dbut basically meaning that i will have 3 weeks free after exams and 1 week free before the school starts again...i am happy!rather than horsing around every summer in my life so far...

and barcelona here i come the first thing after exams!no other plan so far.and hopefully get a nice room near the school

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

im thinking of getting a holiday in before my 1 exam :) . I just bought a new car so somewhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

holla wrote: »
    Any recommendations for travelling across europe??

Go East. West Europe is both a waste of money and a waste of time. You can't see Rome in 2 days! And its expensive. Like staying in Austria was €20 a day for a dump where as staying in any Eastern country is easily half that. And the beer is like €1!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Go to Berlin though... great citeh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Working from the 1st of July (hopefully) before coming back to college.

As for the month of June, class road trip, seeing friends who I haven't seen in ages and god knows what else.

Off to Bristol for the Bank Holiday weekend too to visit relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Hmm, working till august and then getting my inter-rail on!!! yeaaaaah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Pre Examination

Barcelona for European Liberal Youth Congress 2008

Post Exam

Off 23rd May

Work Until Mid July

Relax
    Linkin Park/Queens Of The Stone Age
    Metallica/Tenacious D

Colorado DNC 2008 (Hopefully the accreitation shows up) But ill be going to the US anyway !!! **** Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Applied for an Odysseus computer science internship which I'm hoping I'll get. Will hear by the 21st if I get it, so fingers crossed.
    If I don't get that, hoping to apply for another internship, but I'm not sure where :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 phantomwolf

am finishing my 4 years in ucd in a few weeks:o
    will miss the old girl, then hittin Chicago for 3 and half months before i officaially turn old. how much does that suck and im only 21, will probably go do a masters somewhere to put off meeting someone, getting married and having a few sprogs.

but go interrailing, i went last summer for a month was awsome, but go with only a few people, the best time i had was when i went solo for a week round croatia, best week of my life if ya catch my drift:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

28th May-Holland, Pinkpop Festival/Amsterdam
    22nd June-Dublin, QOTSA
    2nd July-France, Iron Maiden
    10th July-Kildare, Festival
    August Bank Holiday week-Kerry, Valentia Island

Then either Muse, Metallica, Electric Picnic, hopefully 2/3 of them. Shall have to see how money/work goes, have a bit of a job at home in Wicklow. Who knows, maybe Rock en Seine in PAris either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Hopefully a decent job, and Rock Werchter in July. I've to start saving the pennies, rather than spending them on holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Tom65 wrote: »
    Hopefully a decent job, and Rock Werchter in July. I've to start saving the pennies, rather than spending them on holidays.

rock werchter is class, went in 06, best festival iv been to!
    also for railling id say go east too, west is good but the east was better from my experience. croatia, poland and budapest were the best!

as for me, im off to asia on the 18th of may and il be back on the 4th september for my final year! thailand, laos, indonesia.....should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Still trying to secure a job in Paris hopefully, so working in France for June & July.
    Then back home to Ireland for August, find work and a house.. then travelling all over Ireland to the various colleges for Freshers Week.

Advertisement