Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating out in salthill

Options
  • 13-04-2008 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Anywhere nice to eat lunch, afternoon tea in salthill with two babas in tow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ristorante Da Roberto is very nice if you like Italian food. Opposite the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Salt n' Pepper is quality!

Seriously though Da Roberto's is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

The Waterfront is a great spot..good food, relaxed, spacious and nice staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I heard the chef from Da Roberto's has moved to an italian in Oranmore and the food has gone downhill since he left

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Hennybug wrote: »
    I heard the chef from Da Roberto's has moved to an italian in Oranmore and the food has gone downhill since he left

your right about one of the chefs(pablo) opening his own place in oranmore, but it still has the best chef(steve) that works there in Da Roberto's ( i know him well :D )

p.s. da roderto's has bought out the pan thai resteraunt, and da roberto's will be moving there and cafe roberto's will move into the current place...

as for other places to eat.. Lohan's do good food..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

The Galleon is a great spot. it's just to the left of the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Da Robertos is good. Galleon has a decent rep.

I've yet to have good experience with the food in Lohans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Fey! wrote: »
    Da Robertos is good. Galleon has a decent rep.

I've yet to have good experience with the food in Lohans.

+1 to everything you've said

Galleon is expensive for what you get - from what I can remember

Da Robertos - Enough said already, good place

Lohans - Charged me crazy money for fisn n chips one time, portion of chips were TINY. When I commented at the end of the meal that the portions were ridiclous the waitress snapped at me saying that I should asked for more. I understand her point - I should have just asked, but my point was that I shouldnt have had to, there should have been a decent sized portion in the first place, and she never came down durin the meal to ask if everything was OK - if she had I would have asked for more chips... It was the 1 and only time I went there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I've been to Lohans a few times, usually for lunch during the week, and always had decent food, and never any problem with small portions. Maybe i was lucky!
    Da Robertas is fantastic food if you're into Italian, and they have a great wine selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Zzippy wrote: »
    I've been to Lohans a few times, usually for lunch during the week, and always had decent food, and never any problem with small portions. Maybe i was lucky!
    Da Robertas is fantastic food if you're into Italian, and they have a great wine selection.

Maybe I was just unlucky?

Either way the waitress's attitude just put me off the place for good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

I hate in Robertos on Sat evening. Food was lovely. Lohans is also good for food. Had a lovely full irish on Sat morning. Good prompt service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Maybe I was just unlucky?

Either way the waitress's attitude just put me off the place for good

Maybe I was unlucky, too. However, my experience was uncannily similar to JohnClearys.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

The Slavic place has yummy food and massive portions!
    Great for a hangove feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galleon is good when you have kids in tow, otherwise KRCMA (the Slavic place).
    Pronounced "kryschma"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rope

Will keep the list of places on hand for the next visit to Salthill. Ended up in Galleon at the weekend. Food was nice. There was colouring pencils to keep the small kiddies amused and we were very grateful for the nappy changing area.:)

Advertisement