Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Defect on Brand New Low Profiles

Options
  • 13-04-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hey,
    I put two new nankang tyres on my car on Friday. On Saturday evening the new front tyre I got what I thought was a puncture but on closer inspection there is a huge bulge in the tyre and the air is coming out on the inside between the rim and the tyre itself. Does anyone know if I bring it back to where I had the tyres fitted do they have to replace it free of charge???

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm sure if it can be shown to be a manufacturing defect then you would get a replacement but if it looks like it was caused by a pothole or something then maybe not. However differentiating between the two can be really difficult and I'd say luck would be on your side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Wild-spirt

I was just nearly in kinnegad coming down the motorway from dublin when she went so there was no potholes or kerbs hit. Do you reckon I have a fight on my hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bungholio

I dont reckon you will have to much of a problem. I'd just take it back to them, explain and they should replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭walshe

in my opinion nangkang are cheap rubbish, but you can take the tyre back to the retailer who will send it back for inspection. this could take weeks so in the mean time you will need to purchase a new tyre while waiting on the outcome of the inspection, both you and the retailer should be sent a report on the tyre

Advertisement