Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser friendly fonts?!

Options
  • 13-04-2008 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I notice there's a holy grail of say 10 or so fonts that most design sites suggest are friendly for cross browser compatibility...

However, in the article here, they make reference to a LOT more - would you suggest it's safe to add some of these to my Dreamweaver list?

I understand the article is from 2004, but I can't seem to find any other large list for different browser safety!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

That list is from 2004, so likely out of date. It also only takes two platforms into account, meaning you're not designing for anyone on Linux, BSD, or any other *NIX-based platform. Since the adoption of these platforms is growing, thats a lot of potential viewers you're cutting out.

Personally, I'm both looking forward to and dreading the wider implementation of CSS 3 Web Font downloads, where fonts can be embedded into pages in much the same way as Javascripts and other elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Interesting article here

Advertisement