Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red button being a pain

Options
  • 13-04-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

just bought guitar hero about an hour ago, the red button on the guitar is being a b1tch, it wont work unless the neck is held in tight to the guitar body,which is stupid as then you cant play properly.

anyone have this problem and fixed it,or am i gonna be hauling it back to gamestop today grumpy?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

take the neck off the guitar and give the connections a look.

Someone posted something similar before and they got an answer quickly enough, hope it's just a simple problem. Not being able to play properly is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Bring it back.

or do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bring it back, but a load of those guitars have this problem so if your replacement one gives you the same problem, you might want to manually fix it yourself. I posted a five minute fix on this about six weeks ago on this forum, have a look back through the old threads. Worked for me when i dumped the receipt.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

will be bringing it back, i assumed it was the connecters in the neck had dust or something but not so. the effort of hauling a guitar hero back, do you think i'll have to bring it all back or just the guitar and sensor

• Advertisement

Going on assumption it'd probably just be the guitar, as it can be swapped out easily for another one, with the defective one going back to the manufacturer.

Of course, assumption being the mother of all f*ckups, i'd probably ring the shop first and let em know yer on the way and ask em what they need back. :)

Just to be on the safe side.
    VR!

Going on assumption it'd probably just be the guitar, as it can be swapped out easily for another one, with the defective one going back to the manufacturer.

Of course, assumption being the mother of all f*ckups, i'd probably ring the shop first and let em know yer on the way and ask em what they need back. :)

Just to be on the safe side.
    VR!
    will do, thanks.
    cant wait to get it sorted and turn up the volume so the neighbours go nuts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

When I brought back my first guitar they wanted the entire package. Gotta bring back my current one some time too as it's developed a loose neck. :(

The detatchable neck for the GHIII controllers was the worst idea ever. As handy as it would be, but if you've ever opened up one of those controllers and saw the cheap piece of crap it was, you'd ask yourself why they made it detachable in the first place?

Actually, has anyone had the misfortune of bringing back the guitars more than once?
    VR!

phoned them and they have none in stock,so i got the phone at the end of the week excuse....

• Advertisement

That's a pain in the ass. If you decide you can't wait that long, here's the fix i used.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=628006&st=0

Of course, void's the warranty, but once ya do this, you'll never have any more problems with the contacts :D

VR!

Advertisement