Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help! How to start Honda Hydrostatic Lawnmower?

Options
  • 13-04-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I'm female and not mechanically minded at all - so I know this is stupid but I'm having problems starting the Lawnmower.

I've tried positioning the levers at different places and pulling the cord and it has a full tank of petrol.

Lawn Mower hasn't been used over winter but was working last time lawn was mown.

Can someone please tell me the basic positions of where levers should be to start it or is it cos I'm not particularly strong enough to pull the cord properly.
    Is the Lawn Mower now packed it in? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

I guess this is the model with 'Easy Start' on the top label....

If you're standing behind it:
    There's a petrol tap on the left of the engine, the tap should be horizontal if it's on, vertical is off.

The engine control is the lever on the left of the handle, which should be right down as far as it will go for starting. When it fires you pull that lever back a bit.

The lever beside that is the walking speed control which only works when the engine is running, so you can ignore that one.

The two levers on the handle are the blade control and the drive lever , you don't need to touch them until it's running either.

Then you need to give the cord a good strong pull.

Don't keep pulling it or you'll flood it with petrol, in that case you'll just have to leave it
    for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Thanks so much. I never had the engine control lever down as far as it would go, so I think that's where I was going wrong.

Fantastic explanation - I'm going to print this and put it somewhere safe :)

Advertisement