Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel A3 after VRT change

Options
  • 13-04-2008 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm thinking of getting either a 1.9 or 2 litre TDI A3. Does anyone have any idea how the change in VRT will effect second hand prices?

I realise no one knows exactly what will happen but any ideas on say a 2006 model price?? I reckon the new models will be around 28,000 for a 1.9 or 32,000 for the 2 so there should be a knock on effect?? Much appreciated if someone could shed any light....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

We're looking at a drop of €3,000ish on most of the A3 diesels (iirc).

I'd say any cars traded in from now on will be traded in at a lower "July-adjusted" price, so you'll see the prices of the second hand cars dopping in the near future.

I'd say that if you're shopping now, while you have a strong hand from a negotiation point-of-view, you won't see the full price reductions at the moment. Dealers took cars into stock at pre-July pricing and aren't likely to want to sell the cars at a loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mean_Mr Mustard

Cheers for that. Might hang on another while to see if the price comes down any. Might even get a 2 litre 2006 for under 24-25 at that rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mean_Mr Mustard

I've been reading a bit about the new 1.4 A3 and it looks fairly useful/fast. Any idea when it's coming out (it's not on the Audi site yet) and price? Should be a bit cheaper come July?

The 1.4 is great, really suits the car. 3Dr is €28,350 now, dropping about €800 in July.
    It's available now - was released around November.

There's some stock and you'll probably find a couple ex-demo too. Worth looking into.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

chris my dealer is telling me they still don't have confirmed pricing for july for the A4, A5 or A3. Is that true? To get it in July you need to be ordering now, but they don't know how much it will be???
    She said the BMW pricing is forcing some hard negotiating between the dealers and importers and is hopeful the equivalent pricing will end up around the same rather than pure VRT changes making the Audis a fair bit more expensive that the BMWs?
    Do you have a take on that?

• Advertisement

I've been told (last week) by someone high up in Audi Ireland that the pricing will be with us in 2-3 weeks.

We've all been given indicitive pricing from Audi, but they won't stand over it concretely for the following reasons:
    1) They're still in negotiation with regards pricing. I'm sure the BMW pricing has given them some specific price points to hit. BMW may have an advantage by being first-to-market with the new pricing, but ultimately it's made it easier for everyone else to set their pricing!
    2) There are some engine revisions on the way (see E92s post) that may get the cars into better VRT brackets. Until that's confirmed, they can't publish prices.

While it's frustrating not having pricing, those reasons are legitimate and will hopefully end up being to Audi's advantage too.
    That being said, we have a few customers who have been happy to order the car from the indicitive pricing. Depends on the customer, I guess...
    There will be a relative flood of orders once the pricing is out, so get your ducks in a row from a spec & trade in point-of-view. Then all you have to do is confirm cost-to-change and sign the order form.

Advertisement