Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiped Account

Options
  • 13-04-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    My account was cleared of all its posts and history last friday. When i logged into my old account none of my posts were there. All that remained was simply my joining details and so forth but these in themselves were all incorrect. I dont really know how this happened, i have moderated quite a few forums over the years and have never experienced anything like this. Its a bit dissapointing because i had over a 1000 posts on boards.ie that now appear to be all gone. I cant imagine its a specific server issue that just affects stored data in such away as to be case specific and indeed i cant possibly imagine that posts and home data are stored differently or not integrated if not on the same server but at least 2. im totally stumped. Im just wondering has this happened to anyone else on boards??? my only conclusion was that maybe i left my login details saved onto an open pc that someone messed around with after i left. A very real probability in the enviroment i work in. anyway if anyone has experienced this, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What was your old account?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

With forum softwares only a admin can choose to wipe all posts with an account delete, its not popular as it upsets the forum topics so mostly people would receive a ban but posts still remain, someone who got there hands on your account couldnt do this afaik, I doubt someone would bother deleting 1000 posts individually :)

Nick

Advertisement